The Construction Trades Academy at ACC provides professional-level education to students interested in a career in the booming construction industry. You’ll receive hands-on instruction in concrete-making, woodworking, and carpentry as well as electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems. You will also acquire skills needed to become a construction project manager, including blueprint reading, cost estimating, and construction scheduling. ACC’s construction trades professors are accomplished professionals who bring their collective experience to the classroom and take time to ensure every student learns to be a skilled and safe worker.
- Begin the program as early as your sophomore year with ACC Articulated Credit in Construction.
- Complete (or expect to complete) a high school construction technology course with a B or higher.
- Complete the online Construction Trades Academy application.
- Earn at least a B in each ACC course.
- Maintain an overall ACC grade point average of 2.50 or higher.
- 4+ semesters
- Carpentry Specialization Certificate
- Carpentry apprentice
- Construction apprentice
- Construction management training