The Health Sciences Academy at ACC provides access to a comprehensive selection of advanced course offerings for students seeking a career in healthcare. The academy’s qualified faculty, advanced technologies, and effective teaching techniques help you build the skills that healthcare employers seek. Students can complete a pharmacy technician certificate or phlebotomy certificate, depending on interest.
- Be a high school junior in order to complete the pharmacy technician certificate.
- Be a high school senior in order to complete the phlebotomy technician certificate.
- Be 18 years old by July 1 of your senior year.
- Have an overall high school grade point average of 2.50 or better.
- Complete one of the following with the minimum grade listed: High School Biology/B; College-level Biology/C; or Health Sciences Technology/B.
- Be TSI complete in reading, writing, and math by December 15 of first semester.
- Complete the Health Sciences Academy application.
- Submit immunization records to the online system before spring semester.
- Complete the following courses with at least a C: Essentials of Medical Terminology (HPRS 1206) and Student Success for Health Professionals
(HPRS 1171) with a C or better.
- Maintain overall ACC grade point average of 2.50 or higher.
- Pass a criminal background check, drug screening, tuberculosis test, physical, and fingerprint background check prior to clinical internship.
- 4+ semesters (Pharmacy Technician Certificate)
- 1 semester (Phlebotomy Technician Certificate)
- Phlebotomy Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- Retail pharmacy
- Hospital pharmacy
- Veterinary pharmacy
- Pharmacy robotics and automation