WELCOME TO ACADEMIC COACHING!
Academic Success Coaches, housed in the ACCelerator at ACC’s Highland Campus, seek to develop a rapport with each students, a rapport that is built on trust and respect for their unique goals and strengths. During private meetings we work with students on time management, self-advocacy, motivation, goal clarification, reading comprehension, study skills and developing personal plans for academic success.
As a partner in the educational process, Academic Success Coaching will proactively serve as a guiding force along an integrated pathway that fosters persistence, retention and completion. Students will engage in an interactive relationship of success coaching that connects them to existing resources, and challenges them to intentionally raise their internal bar for performance and academic achievement. Coaches will be a constant resource for students to easily reconnect with throughout their ACC career; thus, facilitating student success by encouraging them to stay, persist and graduate.
To proactively facilitate student success by providing personalized and holistic evidence-based support, in an accessible, non-judgmental and student-centered format.
ABOUT ACADEMIC COACHING
Academic Coaches understand that today’s college students manage competing priorities and a wide array of responsibilities. Through one-on-one sessions Academic Coaches assist students with customizing academic goals aligned with their own personal objectives and needs. Students participating in coaching have reported:
- progress in their courses and academic performance;
- greater satisfaction with their college experience;
- observable growth in their time-management, reading comprehension and overall studying effectiveness;
- and a greater awareness and use of campus resources.
WHAT CAN ACADEMIC COACHES DO FOR YOU?
- Help you study and prepare for tests effectively.
- Develop strong time management skills.
- Discover the benefits of mindfulness and how slowing down may improve your performance.
- Work with you to improve reading comprehension and the ability to retain complex concepts.
- Help you identify individual academic goals and how to reach them.
- Build organizational skills using your preferred methods and help you identify new ones.
- Encourage you to be your own advocate.
- Motivate you to take ownership of your academic success!