The Accounting Department is now collecting resumes for jobs and internships, if you are interested, please submit to :
- Resumes for jobs, here
- Resumes for internships, here
Spring 2020 Internship Opportunities:
Are you interested in a paid internship in the fall semester? Two Austin CPA firms are looking for students who are interested in interning in audit and/or tax for 15-20 hours per week during the fall semester. For the audit internship, completion of ACNT 2331 (Internal Control and Auditing) with a C or better is required. For the tax internship, completion of ACNT 1331 (Individual Income Tax) and ACNT 1347 (Partnership and Corporation Taxation) is required. For more information and to apply for the positions, please send resume and cover letter to Prof. Jay Thibodeaux (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Prof. Tracie Miller-Nobles (email@example.com).
Tax Internship:DK Partners are looking for an Intern for the Tax Season.
Tax Internship: Diane Fulmer, CPA, Accountant Internship Tax Preparer. Assist professional tax staff with accounting and tax return preparation. Round Rock. Contact Kathy Dauenhauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tax Internship: Ellen R. Shaffer, CPA, LLC, Accounting Internship. Assist in preparing tax returns and performing bookkeeping tasks. Austin (South MoPac). Contact Ellen Shaffer at email@example.com.
Tax Internship: Carr, Riggs & Ingram is seeking a tax internship for the spring. Ideally, the candidate would start before the year-end to be prepared for spring tax season. For more details and to submit your resume, please email
Debbie Alexander, CPA
Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC
4210 Spicewood Springs Road
Austin, TX 78759
Apple is accepting applications for Spring Internships with ACC. The deadline to submit a resume and letter or interest is November 16th, 2018.
Students should follow the following steps when submitting their applications:
1. Student resumes should be a single page, in PDF Format. Resume should include:
-GPA, language skills (Spoken and written) and relevant experience/skills. Spanish and Portuguese language is considered a plus.
2. Students are advised to have resumes reviewed by either their instructor or Career Services. (Typographical errors are an automatic disqualified for any type of internship with Apple)
3. While Cover letters are not required they are STRONGLY preferred. Cover letter should be no more than half a page and in PDF Formatting.
4. Resumes should be emailed by November 16th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email should be titled “ACC-Apple Internship Application + Department Name”
5. Students MUST be enrolled in the Spring 2019 Internship Practicum to be eligible for this opportunity as it is a for credit opportunity only.
6. Students should be in their final semester of study here at ACC. Department chairs are requested to notify their faculty and students of the Apple Internship Opportunity along with notifying OCEI staff of the number of students who applied.
7. Apple will contact students directly if interested.
Brown, Graham & Company, P.C. is seeking to fill an intern position in its Austin office. This employee will be responsible for supporting the firm’s clients and team members while gaining experience in the assurance, consulting and tax sections within a regional public accounting firm. Key skills include: strong general accounting knowledge, proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, excellent verbal and written skills, and the ability to effectively communicate and maintain positive professional relationships with clients and other team members. Previous completion of auditing and/or tax classes within the Professional Accountant Advanced Technical Certificate Program, as well as experience working in a professional office environment are a plus, but not required.
This is a paid position. Interns are expected to work 16-24 hours per week preferably on at least 2 consecutive days. Please submit your resume to Shannon Andre’ at email@example.com. Learn more about our firm at www.bgc-cpa.com.
Accenture is launching an apprenticeship program this summer that is geared towards individuals pursuing associates degrees or certificates in Finance. This would be a great opportunity for students who are graduating this spring and would like a 12 month paid training opportunity that, upon completion, will convert to permanent employment.
It is also good for any student wanting to register for the Internship Practicum this summer and can balance a 40 hour work week.
The positions available are:
KRC FINANCIAL STRATEGIES, LLC
A local CPA practice is looking to hire 2 possibly 3 part-time interns to get us thru the busy season.
One position is in our Tax Department, they would be assisting our tax assistant and tax manager with files, tax returns, income and expense spreadsheets as needed
A second position is in our Accounting Department, they would be working with our Accounting manager and Accounting Staff in Quick Books desktop and Quick Books Online, and other Bookkeeping files as needed
A third one is in our Administrative Department, assisting our Office Manager with client files, our website, Client relations and data base management
These positions can possibly grow into a long term part time or full time position. I am willing to set up projects or reviews as an actual internship if need be.
For more information, please visit the company website
Breed and Company has two Full-time Accountant positions open, please view the flyer.
Kamran Tax & Financial Services, Inc.
818 Wagon Trail, Suite 101
Austin, TX 78758
Kamran Tax & Financial Services, Inc. is a professional services firm providing advisory, bookkeeping, consulting, and tax services to a wide range of business entities and individuals. For over 20 years, Kamran Tax & Financial Services, Inc. has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals.
Need one or two sharp and smart students (preferably speak in Spanish as well as English) who is a learn faster and encouraged to learn more and more….
Flexible with the hours. This job position is part time to full time. See job description attached.
Austin Board of Realtors is looking for an Accounting Specialist. Please review the job description. Please review the job description for information on the position. Pay rate is: $15-17; if you are interested please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are openings at the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles located off of Mopac and 35th Street.
Job Description – Accountant II – Revenue Accounting (00005958)
This position performs routine accounting work in the Finance & Administrative Services Division, Revenue Section. Work involves maintaining, preparing, posting, and balancing financial transactions, documents, or reports. Work includes receiving, coding, and posting a high volume of revenue deposits and transactions within a finite time frame. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Closes July 10, 2019
Job Description – Accounting Technician II Payroll/Revenue Accounting (00006022)
Performs highly complex technical accounting support work for the Accounting Operations Section of the Finance & Administrative Services Division at the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles. Work involves performing detailed assignments in recording, classifying, examining, and verifying financial records, documents, or reports. Work includes data entry into agency accounting systems, which include Centralized Accounting & Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS) and the Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS). Works under general supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Closes July 15, 2019
Job Description – Director of Accounting (00005694)
Performs highly advanced (senior-level) managerial work administering the daily operations and activities of Texas Department of Motor Vehicles Accounting Operations Section. Oversees, manages, plans, and coordinates activities of the Accounting Operations Section to include payment processing, payroll, financial reporting, general ledger, accounts receivable, revenue and grant accounting. Plans, assigns and supervises the work of professional and technical staff. Work requires contact with executives and governmental/private entities. Reports to the Assistant Chief Financial Officer. Work involves establishing goals and objectives; developing guidelines, procedures, policies, rules, and regulations; developing schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving established goals related to the processing of expenditures and collection of agency revenues. Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of others. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Closes July 5, 2019
Accounting Specialist at All Web Leads
As an Accounting Specialist, you will be reporting to the Controller and handling a diverse array of accounting responsibilities. The accounting environment consists of a high volume of automated and batch transaction processing. Responsibilities include invoicing customers, monitoring the Accounts Receivable aging, updating the cash flow roll forward and forecast, coordinating or performing collections on past due balances, reconciling credit card transactions to the sales system, reviewing chargebacks, and managing the credit process. Other responsibilities include reconciliations of cash, sales and use taxes, and customer deposits. This position requires constant collaboration with team members and several different departments within the Company. It’s vital that this position is able to bring the highest level of customer service to all our customers both internally and externally. The position requires a highly-motivated individual who is interested in evolving this role and advancing his or her career within our company.
View the job description here.
Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired Positions:
Payroll Officer and Budget Analyst III; please view for information.
Junior Accountant Position:
Maribella Interest is looking for a Junior Accountant that will work with the Controller, the office is located downtown.
- Salary range: $55,000 to $65,000 with a bonus range from 10-25%.
- Please see the job description.
City of Austin Internal Auditor Positions
Please view the link for instructions.
The Texas Health and Human Services has posted the following Auditor positions with the associated requisitions:
- Auditor III – V requisition #395566
- Auditor VI – requisition #396748
Attached are the corresponding job descriptions. Questions regarding the job postings should be forwarded to the HHSC Service Center at 888-894-4747.
Staff Accountant Position
Staff Accountant Position at Scalco Johnson Leahy and Dudek Certified Public Accountants, PLLC Contact info: email@example.com
Staff Accountant Positions
Faske Lay & Co., L.L.P. is a local CPA firm that offers tax, audit, accounting and consulting services to companies and individuals. We believe in the value of relationships. We view every client relationship like a partnership, and truly believe that our success is a result of our client’s success.
We are committed to providing close, personal attention to our clients. We take pride in giving our clients the assurance that the personal assistance they receive comes from years of advanced training, technical experience and financial acumen. Our continual investment of time and resources in professional continuing education, state-of-the-art computer technology and extensive business relationships is indicative of our commitment to excellence.
With a large professional staff of certified public accountants, we are among the top 25 accounting firms as annually ranked by the Austin Business Journal.
The firm is currently hiring for the position of Staff Accountant in our Georgetown, Texas office.
- Provide support to Managers and Partners for various tax and audit engagements
- Perform activities of tax and audit engagements for various clients and interact with clients on a regular basis
- Follow standards and prepare work papers
- Prepare federal and state tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates and trusts
- Prepare financial statements, reports and disclosures
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- Two or more years of experience in income tax preparation and/or auditing
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and GAAS
- Prefer experience working in a paperless environment and experience with ProSystem fx Engagement, ProSystem fx Practice Management, ProSystem fx Tax, Checkpoint Tools for PPC, PPC’s SMART Practice Aids, Microsoft Office, and QuickBooks
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, disability, and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) with company contribution
Paid continuing education and professional certifications
Resumes can be sent to CBClark@faskelay.com or JLMiller@FaskeLay.com
KeyStaff is now hiring for a Part Time Office/Marketing Assistant Position for a Local Ice Supply Store
Located in South Austin, 78704
PERFECT FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS!!!
- Hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The shift will either be (10:00am-3:00pm) or (11:00am-4:00pm)
- Pay Rate: $12.00 per hour
- Must be trainable and willing to learn.
- This position involves processing order tickets, taking care of bank deposits, mailing invoices, entering receipts, light filing and data entry.
- The candidate for this position may be asked to do some marketing for the company on the side for tailgating events that will involve handing out business cards and items with company logo.
- Must have a positive attitude and be eager to learn, preferably in school for accounting!
- This is a temp-to-hire position that could possibly result in something more permanent depending on your job performance.
KeyStaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KeyStaff, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, and disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform adequately, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Please contact Logan Judice at firstname.lastname@example.org
IRS Job Openings
Student Volunteer – LBI is the Large Business Group, and this is a great opportunity for students to get first hand experience with the government.
Openings at Torchy’s Tacos
Torchy’s Tacos corporate office in Austin is now hiring for the following positions:
EVENT STAFF TEAM MEMBER (TACO SQUAD),
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER: INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER,
OFFICE SUPPORT SPECIALIST,
TECHNOLOGY FIELD SPECIALIST
Apply at the site: http://torchystacos.com/careers/corporate-positions/
New Era Studios is seeking a Staff Accountant, Full time or part time; please send resumes to email@example.com
Brown, Graham & Company, P.C. is seeking to fill an Audit Associate position in its Austin office. This employee will be responsible for supporting the firm’s clients and team members while learning the assurance side of the business. The ideal applicant will have earned a Masters’ or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting no later than Summer 2017 and have firm plans to sit for the CPA exam. Key skills include: strong general accounting knowledge, proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, excellent verbal and written skills and ability to multi-task, effectively communicate and maintain positive professional relationships with clients and other team members. Previous auditing or accounting experience, as well as experience working in a professional office environment are a plus, but not required. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Please submit your resume to Shannon Andre’ at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about our firm at www.bgc-cpa.com.
Salary: $96,800.00 – $114,800.00 per year
TYPE OF JOB: Based at home
PERIOD: for Long Term
Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
– Secures quotes from qualified suppliers of needed resources to negotiate most favorable price terms and services to meet production plan
– Plan and temporize long term contracts and conditions
– Manage supply chain initiatives including controlling supplier selection
– Inducting, valuating and tracking vendors price, quality, and delivery activity
– Check on logistics to insure goods timely delivery with required documentation
Necessary Skills and Competencies:
– Must be detail oriented, methodical and highly organized
– Have an ability to work in a team environment
– Have an ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
– Must be available to work flexible hours, overtime, weekends
– Skills of Microsoft Office and office equipment
– Legal driver’s license and Driver background is mandatory
To have more details or apply please send us your resume in Microsoft Word format PenelopeFraserPPN@rediffmail.com .
Please note! Only people with resume will be reviewed.