ACC TACHE Home

Austin Community College Chapter of Texas Association of Chicanos in Higher Education 
~
State Central Region

¡Bienvenidos!

2018 TACHE ACC Scholarship Recipients, Mentors and Leadership

Thriving as an HSI

TACHE ACC chapter officially began in 2003 to enhance access, retention, and success of Hispanic students, staff, and faculty in higher education. 

ACC has been a Hispanic Serving Institution over the last 15 years and was recognized as an inaugural recipient of the Seal of Excelencia. Nationally we are seen as a leader in how we serve our Hispanic students and we are doing so many great things, but we know we can do better, we can be so much more! 

The current and future enrollment seen at ACC will be largely contingent on how well we reach our Hispanic community. Your voice and advocacy STARTS HERE by sharing our commitment to our students, our community and each other.

Join Us!
Membership is encouraged but not required to join our employee resource group.

Message from the ACC TACHE President-Elect

Dear Members of the ACC TACHE Chapter,

I am thrilled and honored to accept the nomination as the president-elect of our ACC TACHE chapter. With a deep dedication to higher education and a passion for serving our HSI community, I am excited to contribute to our chapter's continued success.

In my role as the Director of Student Affairs Communication at Austin Community College (ACC), I have worked alongside leaders who believe in the transformative power of education. Through collaboration with stakeholders, I have developed communication plans that effectively convey ACC's mission to our diverse student body.

The recent State Conference's theme, "aquí estamos y no nos vamos" (we are here and are not going anywhere), deeply resonates with me. It underscores our commitment to ensuring everyone feels included and valued in our community.

As president-elect, I am committed to advocating for our members and students tirelessly. Together, we will uphold the values of unity and empowerment.

I am grateful for the trust placed in me and look forward to serving our chapter with integrity, passion, and dedication.

Con Cariño, 

Mirosalva Zuñiga, President-Elect

ACC TACHE Chapter