Austin Community College is continuing to expand articulated and workforce dual credit offerings to high school students within the service area in an effort to offer low-cost workforce training and college access to more students. One of the biggest obstacles to this effort is a shortage of qualified faculty to deliver workforce dual credit courses to the high school students. To address this shortage, ACC is willing to sponsor tuition for high school teachers to complete the credentials (an AAS or Certificate) required to teach dual credit workforce (CTE) courses. Teachers must have a minimum of three years of documented non-teaching work experience in the field to be eligible.
Interested teachers must apply to the ACC CTE Teacher Sponsorship Program using the link below. Applicants will be required to meet with an ACC Department Chair for an evaluation of their college coursework and creation of an ACC Educational Plan. Tuition will only be sponsored for the courses indicated on the Educational Plan.
To be eligible to apply to the CTE Teacher Sponsorship Program applicants must:
- Have worked in your district at least one year prior to the application date
- Currently be teaching a course that is offered as articulated credit
- Have 3 or more years of documented non-teaching work experience in the field
- Teachers will need the following information for the application:
- ACCeID (If you do not have one you will need to submit an ACC Admissions Application and Activate online tools and obtain an ACCeID before filling out an application to the CTE Teacher Sponsorship Program.)
- Complete the online ACC CTE Teacher Sponsorship Program Application
- Submit the following supporting documentation to CTESponsorship@austincc.edu within 72 hours of application submission
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
All Applications due by Wednesday, November 30, 2018 for Summer/Fall 2019 start.
Rebecca Robinson-Francis at 512-223-7013 or e-mailing CTESponsorship@austincc.edu.Back to Top