Mylena Chavez Study Abroad Scholarship
To assist students participating in the ACC Faculty-Led Art History or Drawing Study Abroad Programs. See www.austincc.edu/intstudy for program information.
Scholarship in the amount of $2,500 will be awarded to apply to study abroad program fees.
- Enrolled in a certificate or degree program at ACC.
- Minimum 2.5 overall GPA in college work.
- Completed 12 hours at ACC.
- Applied and accepted to study abroad program.
- Financial need as determined by ACC Financial Aid Office.
- Application essay should address the following (2 pages, typed and double spaced):
- What inspires you at a personal and academic level to study Art or Art History in Italy? Explain why you are a good candidate to study abroad and what you might contribute to the program?
- How will the study abroad program impact your academic, professional, and personal goals?
- Describe a challenging situation that you have found yourself in? How did you deal with the challenge and what was the outcome? What lessons learned could be applicable or useful to the study abroad experience?
Terms of Scholarship:
- Scholarship may only be used for Art History or Drawing study abroad program.
- Funds will be electronically transferred to student’s account to pay for program fees.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2014
Stephen Kramer Memorial Scholarship
To assist students enrolled in the ACC Fine Arts program.
- Majoring in Art at ACC.
- Overall GPA of 2.75.
- Enrollment in and successful completion of a minimum of 9 hours per semester while on scholarship.
- Must have a completion rate of at least 70% on attempted course work at ACC.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the ACC financial aid office.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a recent art instructor.
- Submit up to ten hard copy photographs, digital images, or original works in a portfolio. Slides may be submitted but other methods are preferred.
To apply, complete the ACC General Scholarship Application and return it, with all required attachments, to the ACC Art Department, Rio Grande Campus, 1212 Rio Grande, Austin, TX 78701.
Terms of Scholarship:
- The number of awards and the dollar amount will be based on the funds available.
- Maintain a 2.75 GPA overall while on scholarship.
- Enroll and complete a minimum of nine hours each semester.
- Scholarship applies to tuition, fees, books, and art supplies only.
- May only be used toward a degree or certificate in Fine Arts at ACC.
Click here for more information about the Stephen Kramer Memorial Scholarship.