Full Time Interpreter @ Soliant Health
Full-Time interpreter is needed at a school in Austin, TX. RID or BEI certification is required. Contact Holland Williams for the application.
Interpreter for Deaf Education @ Corsicana ISD
Primary Purpose: Provide interpreting services for hearing impaired students in a classroom setting.
Certificate/Acceptable Endorsement(s): American Sign Language; Special Ed; Special Ed (Stand Alone); Special Ed (Supplemental); Special Ed – Generic; Special Ed – Language and/or Learning Disabilities;
Education: Associates’ Degree; Valid Certification as interpreter granted by the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf.
- Must be 18 years of age;
- Ability to interpret in an educational setting;
- Knowledge of interpreter role and Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Code of Ethics;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to work with hearing impaired students;
- Ability to read and interpret documents;
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
- Ability to speak effectively to groups.
Experience: Some experience working with children
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Instructional Support: Interpret in educational settings including classrooms, co-curricular activities, school-related programs and meetings, conferences, staff development, and other situations; Attend and interpret Admission, Review, Dismiss (ARD) Committe meetings as needed; Help maintain administrative records and prepare required reports.
Student Management: Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each student’s communication needs; Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of assigned students, if requested by student;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Participate in professional development programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment Used: Copier, personal computer, and audio visual equipment.
Apply at Corsicana ISD
Or email: EAvellaneda@cisd.org
Sign Language Interpreter @ Waco ISD
The Waco ISD Regional Day School Program for the Deaf (RDSPD) has immediate job openings for Sign Language Interpreters. Applications can be submitted through the Waco ISD web-site at: www.wacoisd.org and then follow the link for employment.
Questions can be directed to:
Ben Saage, Coordinator of the Waco RDSPD (254) 755-9444 or e-mail at email@example.com
Brooke Schumacher, Sign Language Interpreter Specialist (254) 744-8870 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
American Sign Language Teacher (9-12) (50% Bastrop high school; 50% Cedar Creek High School)
BASIC FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for assigned area.
- Knowledge of curriculum design, implementation, evaluation, and refinement.
- Knowledge of effective instruction and evaluation methodologies.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement process.
- Skill in using technology as a learning tool in all content areas.
- Skill in engaging others in collective inquiry and problem solving.
- Skill in collecting, analyzing, and using data to support student learning.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues to enhance instructional.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work responsibilties.
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and valid Texas Teacher Certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION: ESL Supplement preferred
Contact Information: Krystal Gabriel/ Liz Wysocki
Phone: 512-772-7300/ 512-772-7200