- CNBT 1411, Construction Methods & Materials
- CNBT 1402 Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical Systems in Construction
- CNBT 1413 Concrete I
- CRPT 1415 Conventional Wall Systems
or department approval
Introductory blueprint reading for residential and light commercial construction.
The course focus is on reading and interpreting residential/ commercial blueprints. Students will decode and memorize blueprint symbols. Through completing the readings and activities, students will gain a working understanding of blueprint reading fundamentals. Students will integrate and apply this information to project management activities.
Students learn to:
- Decode prints symbols
- Understand the structure and order of prints
- Distinguish print components – framing plans, roofing plans
- Use construction math as it pertains to prints
- Understand the anatomy of residential and commercial structures
- Use problem solving strategies to print reading
- Understand how various building codes apply to residential structures
- Acquire knowledge of building materials