Contact Luis Cavazos, (512) 223-6305, firstname.lastname@example.org for details
What is being auctioned?
To learn construction skills, classes (below) build one bedroom “instructional units”, which are then periodically sold at an online auction.
The buyer is responsible for transporting the structure from campus; BCT faculty can suggest a mover if needed.
Important: although the units are built to City code standards, they are NOT inspected by a City building inspector. Therefore, the buyer must move them OUTSIDE the city limits.
Once all of the work has been done*
- the instructional unit is framed
- the exterior walls, roof, exterior windows and doors are added
- the plumbing and electrical lines are installed
- the insulation is included and the sheetrock is added, taped, floated, textured and painted, interior doors are installed and flooring is added (the ceiling sheetrock is usually not completed to reduce the building weight and give the purchaser easy access to install HVAC ducts).
- the kitchen and bath cabinets have been built and are installed
… the instructional unit is complete and ready for auction.
*usually all of these tasks are done; some instructional units may be slightly incomplete.
Photos of a finished instructional building
Back to Top