The Certificate and the Associate of Applied Science in the Social Media Communications Specialization are designed to enable technical communication students and others to get employment as social media strategists, social media specialists, and social media managers or coordinators.
Certificate and degree plans are flexible; courses can be substituted from the other specialization. Contact the department chairperson.
Associate of Applied Science
You can find the most recent degree plan (2015-2016) in the ACC catalogue.
Courses offered by the Visual Communication program and by the Computer Information Systems program are highly recommended for careers in technical communication. You can learn more about course offerings by visiting their respective websites:
You can find the most recent certificate plan (2015-2016) in the ACC catalogue.
Continuing Education Certificate
Take any six of these courses (the more the better) to earn the CE certificate:
- ETWR 1901 Introduction to Technical Writing (ENGL 2311 for credit)
- ETWR 1074 Graphics for Business, Government and Technical Information (ETWR 1374 for credit)
- ETWR 1071 Social Media Tools I: Design and Implementation (ETWR 1471 for credit)
- ETWR 2071 Social Media Tools II: Monitoring and Analysis (ETWR 1472 for credit
- ETWR 2073 XHTML and CSS for Information Specialists (ETWR 2473 for credit)
- ETWR 1070 Social Media Law & Ethics (ETWR 1370 for credit)
- BTCM 2076 WordPress CMS-Based Websites and Blogs. (ETWR 2376 for credit)
- ETWR 1075 Practicum (or Field Experience). This is an internship course. (ETWR 2364 for credit)