Project Management: A Career Tool for the Future
Biotechnology has emerged as one of the rapidly-growing sectors of the knowledge economy. Biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies face constant challenges in the course of developing new pharmaceuticals or other products. Typically, most drug development processes suffer from planning problems, as well as delays in development, unforeseen activities, cost overruns, and losses resulting from high turnover.
These shortcomings are often due to poor project handling by managers who have little or no formal training in dealing with the complexities of today’s projects. The key to the survival of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in today’s economy is to place successful products in the marketplace. Project managers are becoming an increasingly integral part of that strategy.
Helpful Links To Learn More About Project Management
- Science Careers: Project Management for Scientists, Part 1: An Overview
- Science Careers: Project Management for Scientists, Part 2: Getting Experience
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- PMI’s Pulse of the Profession Surveys
- Mindtools: Project Management Resources
- International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering
- ISPE Good Practice Guide: Project Management for the Pharmaceutical Industry
- ISPE Good Practice Guide: Project Management for the Pharmaceutical Industry – Project Type Matrix
- ISPE Good Practice Guide: Project Management for the Pharmaceutical Industry – Sample Checklists
- Sample ACC Introduction to Biotech Project Management course syllabus
- ACC Continuing Education Project Management Program
- Overview of ACC’s Project Management Education Courses
FAQ’s For ACC’s Continuing Education Project Management Program
Back to AC2 Institute
- How Do I Get a Professional Certification From PMI?
- Is BMGT1023 IT Project Management ONLY for IT People?
- What’s the Best Approach to Education for (an Eventual) Professional Certification?
- A Student’s Testimonial
- I Already Have PM Experience. Why Take a Foundational Course Before Exam Prep?
- What About Prerequisites?
- What Are the Costs?
- Do I Get A Grade at Course Completion?
- Onsite or Online?
- Scheduling A Certification Exam
- What upcoming courses are available?
- Who’s the Instructor?
- What Are Some Job Search Resources Available?