Please follow the steps below in order to articulate your High School course with the ACC Biotechnology Program.
- Are you qualified to teach the course? (Coming soon from TEA)
- Contact your district CTE manager for course approval, funding and textbooks.
• Equipment Start up list
• Course TEKS 130.364 Advanced Biotechnology
• View TEA Resources page above for help with a proposal to your CTE manager.
(Coming soon from TEA)
• Textbook: Biotechnology Science for the New Millennium
Teacher guide and course planner that comes with this book offers a PLETHORA of curriculum ideas. Contact the publisher to ask for a preview copy of the book. This book is currently up for adoption for 2014 proclamation.
- Determine if you will teach the course as dual credit or articulated credit
• Articulation Safety Checklist
• Articulation Teacher Checklist
- Complete TEA Adv Biotechnology PD Course Online
- Make contacts with your local community college for articulation or dual credit. If your community college has a biotech program, they may be able to partner with you for supplies and college credit.