As a supervisor, you are responsible for filling out your own electronic timesheet and for approving timesheets of all employees that you directly supervise.
You can navigate to this link from the Human Resources site. First choose Payroll and then Click on the Electronic Timesheets link. You will find a link to the live system here. Alternatively, you can type in the above URL.
Note: You can access ACCeTime remotely by typing in the URL in the address bar of your Web browser.
- Log in using your ACCeID and password.
- For support in using the ACCeTime system, please contact the Payroll Office.
The supervisor’s menu has two extra tabs in addition to the four seen on non-supervisory menus. The two additional tabs, Employees and Reports, allow a supervisor to approve employees’ timesheets and view important information.
The Reports tab provides you with valuable information concerning the status of employee timesheets. From the Reports tab, click on any one of the five reports to view employee data. You can find reports for the following information:
- Unsubmitted timesheets for the people you supervise
- Timesheets not yet approved by you (the supervisor)
- Timesheets already approved by you
- Timesheets that have been processed by Payroll
- All timesheets with histories
When you pull a report, you will see that your employees are divided into two categories: those paid bi-weekly and those paid monthly. Click on a category to begin.
The screen below is an example of Unsubmitted Timesheetsfor bi-weekly employees. ClickDetails under View Details to see the timesheet.
The Processed Timesheetsand Timesheets (Any Status) reports offer you a full list of employees that you supervise. Highlight the name of the employee whose timesheet you wish to view and click the View button below.
The Timesheets (Any Status) report provides valuable information. From this report, you can see information such as when the timesheet was submitted, when it was approved, and when it was processed by payroll. These dates appear in the column on the far right.
Use the Employees tab to view, approve, modify, or reject employee timesheets.
When you click on the Employees tab, you will see two categories of employees that you directly supervise: those paid bi-weekly and those paid monthly.
Note: that the pay period and due dates are indicated for each category.
Approve a Timesheet
To approve a timesheet, follow these steps:
1. Under the Employees tab, click the correct category of employee (bi-weekly or monthly) for the timesheet you wish to view.
2. Click Details to access the employee’s timesheet.
Note: You cannot approve or modify a timesheet until it has been submitted. If necessary, you can submit a timesheet on behalf of an employee by clicking the Submit button. The column on the far right (shown below) shows you the status of the timesheet.
3. After clicking Details, you can do any of the following tasks:
- Approve the timesheet (send it to payroll to be processed)
- Reject the timesheet (return it to the employee)
- Modify the timesheet (make changes on behalf of the employee)
To approve the timesheet, click the Approve Timesheet button. The timesheet will be sent to payroll.
Note: You will have a small window during which you can still modify or reject the timesheet afteryou have approved it. However, once Payroll begins to process the timesheet, you will lose the buttons allowing you to reject or modify. Therefore, it is important to ensure that everything is accurate before you approve the timesheet and send it to payroll for processing.
Reject a Timesheet
To reject the timesheet and send it back to the employee, follow these instructions:
1.Under the Employees tab, click the correct category (bi-weekly or monthly) for the timesheet you wish to view.
2. Click Details to access the employee’s timesheet.
Note: You can only reject a timesheet that has already been submitted.
3. Click the Reject Timesheet button to send the timesheet back to the employee.
It is your responsibility to notify the employee whose timesheet you have rejected. You will be prompted to email the employee to explain why you are rejecting the timesheet. (Emailing the employee is optional; you may contact the employee by telephone or in person instead.)
A rejected timesheet is returned to the employee at which point the employee can make any necessary modifications and submit the timesheet again for your approval.
Modify a Timesheet
There may be times when you will have to modify an employee’s timesheet. If an employee cannot access the system, the supervisor can make modifications to the employee’s timesheet.
This page will show you how to do the following:
- Add Entries
- Edit Entries
- Delete Entries
Note: You can only modify a timesheet that has been submitted. If you need to submit the timesheet on behalf of the employee, click the Submit button next to the timesheet you are submitting.
Add an Entry
To add an entry to an employee’s timesheet, follow these steps:
1. Open the submitted timesheet by clicking the Details link next to the timesheet you are modifying.
2. Click Add Entry next to the day you wish to modify.
3. Choose a radio button for work time or leave time. You can add one of these at a time.
- For work time, type in the time in and time out and specify a work code from the drop down menu.
- For leave time, type in the number of hours out and choose a leave code and modification reason. You may optionally add a comment as to why you are modifying the employee’s timesheet.
4. Click Save to save your changes.
The timesheet will then indicate your modifications under the column called Supervisor Modify. The Clear Edits button allows you to delete your modification if you made a mistake.
Note: If you make a mistake, you can delete your modifications. To delete a change that you made, click the Clear Edits button (shown above). This will delete your edit.
Edit an Entry
To edit an entry, follow these steps:
1. Click Edit next to the entry you wish to modify.
2. Enter your changes along with a reason for modifying the timesheet and optional comments.
3. Click Save to save your changes.
Delete an Entry
To delete an entry, follow these steps:
1. Click Delete next to the entry you want to delete.
2. Specify a reason for making the modification, optionally add comments, and click Delete to confirm your deletion.
Note: The Select boxes are used to select one or more entries for editing or deleting. You can select specific entries to edit or delete by clicking on these boxes. Alternatively, you can use the Select All and Select None buttons.
Immediate supervisors are responsible for approving eTimesheets for the employees they supervise. However, if supervisors will be absent from work for an extended period of time, they can delegate approval authority to someone else during their absence.
Using the ACCeTime system, supervisors can specify the dates of absence and the person who will be in charge of approval during the absence. The default supervisor is the next level supervisor; however, an alternative person in a supervisory position can be delegated.
Once someone is delegated, all employee timesheets under the absent supervisor will then be the responsibility of the new authority. When the absence period ends, the system returns authority to the original supervisor.
Note: Full-time faculty will have a timesheet for summer except when they are off-contract.
Specify a Period of Absence
1. Click the Delegation tab to begin.
2. Click Add Absence/delegation period as shown below.
3. Type in the dates of absence. For faculty members, these will be the dates that you are off-contract.
4. Click Save Absence Settings to save these dates.
Delegate Approval Privileges
After saving absence settings, you will be taken to the selections screen where you will delegate approval authority to someone for each timesheet due during your absence.
The system will automatically select the next level supervisor as the default supervisor:
- To accept the default supervisor to handle approvals, click Set Delegate.
- To select someone else, click Search. Find the person’s name and click Select Employee.
The selected person’s name will appear under Supervisor Delegate.
Note: You must complete this process for each pay period type that appears.
Remove or Edit Absences/Delegations
At any time, you can edit your dates of absence or your delegate choices by clicking Edit. To remove an absence completely, use the Remove button as shown below.
Set Employee Options
Supervisors have access to two icons that allow you to check user IDs and reset working hours. These icons appear beside employees’ names under the Employees Tab.
The Lock Icon
Note: You will only see a lock icon next to the names of employees without ACC email addresses.
Normally, employees use their ACC email username and password to log in. However, if an employee does not have an ACC email account, the ACCeTime system will generate a username and password for that employee.
The supervisor can access this information for employees by clicking on the yellow lock icon next to the employee’s name. On the screen that follows, the supervisor can find the employee’s username (login) and password to give to the employee.
Employees using a system-generated ID will be prompted to change their password the first time they log in. If employees ever forget their passwords, the supervisor can use the Reset Password button (shown below) to reset the password back to what the system originally generated.
The Clock Icon
Next to each employee’s name, you will see a clock icon. Use this icon to reset normal working hours for your employee.
Work hours are generally evenly distributed over five days. If an employee normally works more than the designated number of hours for a particular day, the supervisor should reset the clock. This allows the employee to use leave time for an accurate number of hours on a given day.
In the example below, Bart works 5 hours a day over 4 days. When he tried to input 5 hours of sick time on a Monday, the system registered an error because it assumed that he works 4 hours a day over 5 days. His supervisor needs to change his Maximum Daily Work Hours to 5 (instead of 4) to allow him to record the correct amount of leave time.
To adjust an employee’s hours, click the clock icon next to the employee’s name. You will be taken to a screen that allows you change working hours. Follow these steps:
1. Click the Custom Hours radio button.
2. Set the hours to indicate the maximum number of hours an employee might work on a given day.
3. Click Set Working Hours to save your changes.
Tags: ACCeTimeBack to Top