To create an invoice, at the ST (Student System) menu, enter XMI2.
At the Vendor Lookup prompt, enter the vendor Name or ID. This is one of the IDs/Names assigned to the Department by Purchasing. This field will allow users to do lookups by entering ‘…’
If using ‘…’ to look up your vendor name or ID, you will be taken to the Lookup screen.
A prompt will ask if you want to look up an invoice or add an invoice. Select A to add an invoice and click OK. The will display.
The information in the blue header area is based on your login.
AR Type: will be MR for Miscellaneous Receivable
Invoice/Due Date: Invoice Date will be the date when invoice is created.
Invoice Issued by: will be the name and phone number, attached to the login, of the authorized user creating the Invoice.
Department Code: will be the Department to which the authorized user belongs to.
Invoice Number: will be assigned by XMI2 once the user finishes creating the Invoice.
Click to a field to enter information.
- Customer Name: enter the name of the person you’re providing the services for.
- Shipping Address: enter address to which the product will be shipped to.
- Billing Address: enter address to which the Invoice will be mailed to.
- City/State/Zip: enter City name, state and zip code for the invoice.
- Description: enter a short description of service. Only 30 characters allowed.
- Contact Name: enter the Department’s contact person and phone number.
- AR Code: enter a valid AR Code that belongs to your department. You can use the ‘…’ lookup to find your AR codes. Most codes follow the pattern of the first three letters of your department code plus the following:
x – tax collected
t – taxable sale
s – non-taxable sales
- 7a. Qty: Enter qty of items
- 7b. Description: This field will show the description of the AR code assigned, it can be changed. Detail in (press F2 or click the detail icon) on this field to XMCG to complete the description. For instance you may create an itemized list of services or goods that were sold.
- Description can be updated/changed/deleted. Detail in (press F2 or click the detail icon ) to the UTETscreen for easier entry of the description.
- XMCG will also show the Department’s GL Accounts.7c. Unit Charge: Enter unit charge for this item7d. Charge: Total charge (Qty times Unit Charge). This will be totaled for you.
- Comments, enter any comments about this service/invoice
- Reference, enter a reference number. This could be a specific number assigned by your department.
When all the fields have been filled in, the user will press F9 or F10 and the process will create the invoice number. This field will be empty until the Invoice is finished and then a unique number will be assigned. A message will appear on the screen with the invoice number. You may press shift + F9 to cancel the invoice at any time before the invoice is created.
Important! If any wrong information is entered in the Invoice and needs to be changed, user must contact Accounts Receivable to reverse this Invoice. Once the Invoice is created user won’t be able to make any modifications.
Once the invoice number has been assigned, the invoice will automatically be sent to the default Datatel printer.
The XMI3 screen provides you a breakdown of customers.
At the ST (Student System) menu, enter XMI3.
At the Vendor Lookup prompt, enter the vendor Name or ID. This is one of the IDs/Names assigned to the Department by Purchasing. This field will allow users to do lookups by entering ‘…’.
If using ‘…’ to look up your vendor name or ID, you will be taken to the Lookup screen. Select your vendor number and press F10.
The XMI3 screen will display a list of customers.
Place the cursor in the box next to the customer you would like to select and press F2 (or press the detail icon ) to get a detailed view of current and outstanding balances for that customer.
The XMI5 screen provides a history of outstanding balances.
At the ST (Student System) menu, enter XMI5.
The XMI5 screen appears.
Fill in the following fields:
- Summary of All Depts. – Type in N. You only want a summary of your department.
- Single Department – Type in the four letter department code
- Invoices Date Range – Type in a date range for the balance history. If you leave this blank, Datatel will pull up all invoices for your department.
When you have completed the fields, press F10.
You will be taken to a screen where you will have the option to either print the invoice or send it to the HOLD file. To send the output to the HOLD file, change the P in field 1 to H and press Enter.
The next screen will ask if you want to execute in background mode. Leave all the defaults in place and press F10.Datatel will then run the process to pull the balance history. When finished, press Finish.
The report will open in the Report Browser window. You can then print the report to your local printer.
The report provides a detailed list of customers and outstanding balances. Close the Report Browser window by clicking the red X when you are finished.
For printing the invoice at a later time, go to the XPSI screen.
At the ST (Student System) menu, enter XPSI.
Enter the invoice number at the prompt, or type ‘…’ to lookup the invoice number.
This will display the invoice to print.
When you have confirmed that the invoice is the one you wish to print, press F10. You will be taken to a screen where you will have the option to either print the invoice or send it to the HOLD file. To send the output to the HOLD file, change the P in field 1 to H and press Enter. You will be taken to field 4 when you need to fill in the Banner with a name you will recognize. Press F10. The invoice will appear in the report browser window for printing.
Cash Transaction Invoicing in Datatel: Questions and Answers
How do I get access to a network printer?
How do I get access to do invoices?
What do I do if I made a mistake and the invoice number was already assigned?
Do I still use the invoice module for internal ACC departments?
Tags: DatatelBack to Top