ACC’s phone directory can be accessed from the ACC main page. Users can quickly look up information about individuals by clicking on the Staff/Faculty link under Directories. When you type the name of an ACC employee, a business card is created to show contact information. The information highlighted on the business card below is drawn from a database according to what you enter into the Datatel XOFF screen. Information entered into Datatel XOFF is generally updated nightly and reflected in the online phone directory by the next day.
Accessing the XOFF Screen
To access the XOFF screen, follow these steps:
- Open UI.
- Log in to the Datatel system:
- Navigate to the HR menu.
- At the HR menu, type XOFF for the mnemonic. (You will not see these letters in the menu.)
You will then be taken to the XOFF screen where you can look up a person.
Pulling a Record in XOFF
When you enter the XOFF screen, the cursor will flash at Person Look Up box. Look up a person by typing in one of the following:
- Lastname, Firstname
- Firstname Lastname
- Social Security Number
- Datatel ID number
If only one person matches what you type, you will get the person’s name preceded by the number 1. Type 1 and hit <Enter> to access the record.
If more than one person matches what you type, you will need to choose the number next to the person’s name you wish to access. Use the PageUp/PageDown keys to navigate if you get more than one page of responses or use the scrollbars on the right side.
Note: If you get a warning about a privacy code, click OK or hit <Enter> to continue.
Updating Campus Location
To update campus information, follow these steps:
- Move the cursor to Field (Use F1 for Field Forward or hit the <Enter> key.)
- At the Campus location LookUp box, type …and <Enter> for a list of valid campus codes.
Note: If you are changing information already entered, you must delete whatever is in the Campus location LookUp box before typing the three dots.
- Use the PageUp/Page Down keys to navigate to the correct campus location. Type in the corresponding number. The name of the campus will be automatically filled in.
Updating Building Information
To update building information, follow these steps:
- Move the cursor to the second element of Field
- Use Shift+F5 for Element Forward or hit the <Enter> key if you need to move the cursor forward an element.)
- At the Buildings LookUp box, type …and <Enter> for a list of valid building codes.
Note: If you are changing information already entered, you must delete whatever is in the Building LookUp box before typing the three dots.
- Use the PageUp/Page Down keys to navigate to the correct building name. Type in the corresponding number. The building name will be automatically filled in.
Updating Room Number, Phone, and Fax
In Field 2 under the appropriate headings, type in the room number, phone number, and fax number.
Note: If you need to change information that is already entered, you must delete the current information first. Use Shift+F4 to delete.
- For a regular 223 number, you can type in either the 5-digit extension or all 7 numerals. The program knows to use 223 if the extension begins with a 3.
- For a voice mail box, you can enter only the 5-digit extension starting with a 2. The program will add the voice mail number (223-1795) automatically when an extension begins with 2.
Updating Email Address
Email addresses are updated daily by the Datatel Administrators. You will not need to update this field.
Updating Web Page
Field 5 may be used for one or more web site addresses. You may enter a professional URL here for the individual or the department.
Note: Entering http:// is optional; you can start with the domain name if you need more space.
Any modifications you make in the XOFF screen must be updated (saved) in order to appear in the online directory. Hit the F9 key (update) and <Enter> to confirm.
You can also click the save button in the toolbar. You can check the record (Use the @ shortcut to return to the same record or retype the name) to be sure your changes are saved. Remember that the database is updated nightly, so you will have to wait a day or so to see any changes you made reflected in the online directory.
Tags: DatatelBack to Top