Advisory Committee Recommendations
The ACC Board of Trustees received input from the Bond Program Advisory Committee, a 25-member group representing business, education, community, employees, and students. The committee meet from April to June 2013 and reviewed the planning work, including demographic studies and campus master plans, completed by the college over the past several years. The committee recommended the following projects as urgent needs for the college.
- Phase II of renovations at ACC Highland (formerly Highland Mall; phase I funded by the college and under way)
- Renovation of main building at Rio Grande Campus
- Renovations and update to existing campuses as programs relocate to ACC Highland
- Districtwide campus projects, most urgent needs (classroom and building upgrades, student services expansions, accessibility, sustainability, and more)
- Replacement of Riverside Campus Buildings B and C
- Districtwide campus projects, secondary needs
- Expansion of Round Rock Campus
- Expansion of Elgin Campus (facility for veterinary technician, sustainable agriculture programs)
- Expansion of Hays Campus (first responder center)
- New campus in Leander
- Land banking for future expansion (potential workforce training center)
The board streamlined these projects to form the propositions on the ballot in November.