2003 Bond and Tax Election
This is ACC’s first bond or tax cap election since 2003.
ACC operated for 14 years without a tax base. In 1986, ACC District voters approved the establishment of a maintenance and operations (M&O) tax capped at 5 cents per $100 valuation. Voters raised that cap to 9 cents in 2003—the only other tax cap increase election in the college’s 41-year history.
At the same time, ACC held its only other bond election. The $99 million bond passed with 57 percent of the vote.
The college has since delivered on its promise to complete all planned bond projects on time and under budget. In fact, strategic ﬁscal planning allowed the college to do more than promised.
2003 Completed Bond Projects
- Eastview Campus Health Sciences Building Expansion
- South Austin Campus Construction
- Rio Grande Campus Building 3000 Renovation: ofﬁces, classrooms, and gallery
- Land Acquisitions: Rio Grande Campus, Cypress Creek Campus
- Pinnacle Campus Surface Parking and Expansion
- Fire Academy Relocation and Expansion
- Cypress Creek Expansion
- Rio Grande Campus Main Building Renovations (such as scene shop and organic chemistry lab)
- Rio Grande Campus Parking Garage
- South Austin Campus Garage Expansion
- Northridge Campus Surface Parking