OPENED FALL 2018
State-of-the-art training for first responders
The ACC Public Safety Training Center at Hays Campus opened in fall 2018. The new first-responder center will prepare ACC students for critical front-line roles in law enforcement and emergency medical services.
The project is phase 2 of Hays Campus. The main campus serves nearly 1,700 students in transferable core curriculum courses, college-readiness classes, and the Pathway co-enrollment program with Texas State University. Degrees offered include criminal justice, computer information technology, and office administration.
- 50-yard tactical indoor firing range with 12 double-wide lanes.
- 7,000 square-foot climate controlled force-on-force modular training room.
- Defensive tactics training room.
- 19-acre emergency vehicle operator course, known as EVOC.
- Outdoor areas for emergency medical training.
- Specially-outfitted tiered classrooms for emergency response training.
- Budget: $22.4 million
- Total area: Two buildings totaling 40,000 square feet; training track on 19 acres
- Architect: Brinkley Sargent Wiginton
- Construction Manager at Risk: JT Vaughn Construction
- ACC Project Manager: Deborah Ford Femat
Hays Campus: Community celebrates Public Safety Training Center grand opening
August 28, 2018, 6:33 pm
Hays Campus Phase 2: Center Officially Named
May 2, 2018, 1:57 pm
Hays Campus: Phase 2 Tops Out
November 27, 2017, 2:23 pm
Community leaders, first responders join groundbreaking celebration
May 11, 2017, 3:27 pm
Hays design work continues; parking lot construction to begin
July 19, 2016, 8:16 pm
All Project Updates
Rio Grande Campus: Electrical and Telecom Systems
March 19, 2019, 3:37 pm
Highland Phase 2: Framing and Exterior Work
March 19, 2019, 3:34 pm
ACC to begin development plans for Southeast Travis County land
December 19, 2018, 7:44 pm
Round Rock Campus: College celebrates grand opening of phase 2
September 27, 2018, 6:40 pm
Round Rock Campus: Community invited to grand opening, 9/26
August 28, 2018, 6:38 pm