The Black Student Success Committee exist to educate, enrich and empower Black student success through diverse equality and inclusion. Creating a safe and welcoming community by building leadership and social programs to enhance their collegiate experiences with cultural knowledge and acceptance.
- Develop and maintain an organizational structure that facilitates the communication, participation and effectiveness of Black staff, faculty and administrators in accomplishing the mission/purpose.
- Secure ongoing support for BSSC programs and initiatives by utilizing the College’s financial and administrative resources.
- Utilize existing programs and services as support systems in actualizing BSSC’s purpose and initiatives.
- Establish a strong Black student network that serves as a foundation for academic achievement and accomplishment of career goals.
- Assist the College in development of new and ongoing communities that increase enrollment of Black students in colleges and universities.
- Work collaboratively with other ACC entities in support of BSSC programs and initiatives.
- Chair: Javaski McDonald 512.223.6338
- Immediate Past Chair: Billy Young
- Chair-Elect: Vacant
- Secretary/Treasure: Latisha Marion
- Parliamentarian: Darrell Merriweather
- Web Masters: Teresa Ashley 223.4742 and Sylvia Partida
- Listserv Editor: Geraldine Breston-Jennings 223.7674