Texas A&M-Chevron Engineering Academy at Austin Community College
Engineering Brighter futures
Get a head start on your Texas A&M engineering degree by applying for the Texas A&M-Chevron Engineering Academy at Austin Community College. Offered in partnership with Texas A&M University’s Dwight Look College of Engineering, this unique program offers students an opportunity to pursue an engineering degree while co-enrolled at Texas A&M and ACC.
Why the Academy?
The Texas Workforce Commission projects a 25 percent growth in engineering jobs statewide in the next decade. According to the Austin Chamber of Commerce, demand for engineers in Central Texas is expected to reach 4,840 by 2022. In response to this anticipated growth, Texas A&M and ACC created the Texas A&M Chevron Engineering Academy at ACC. Supported by Chevron, the Academy provides talented students an opportunity to pursue their engineering degree in a co-enrollment program between Texas A&M and ACC.
The Texas A&M-Chevron Engineering Academy at ACC offers students:
- Admission to the College of Engineering at Texas A&M University-College Station from day one.
- An opportunity to take Texas A&M engineering courses from Texas A&M faculty on ACC campuses.
- An opportunity to join a community of Engineering Academy peers by taking math, science and engineering courses with other Engineering Academy students.
- An opportunity to participate in student activities and organizations at both institutions to the extent possible.
- An affordable pathway to earning a Texas A&M Engineering degree.
- Guaranteed full admission to Texas A&M upon successful completion of the two-year program.
- An opportunity to apply for early entry into a degree granting major within the College of Engineering at Texas A&M, if qualified.
Enrollment in the Academy
The Engineering Academy is for all ACC students who have achieved a high school diploma or equivalent and are pre-calculus or calculus ready as determined by ACC.
Interested students must:
- First secure admission to ACC.
- Receive math-level pre-qualification from ACC – After applying to ACC, students interested in the Academy are required to fill out this quick pre-qualification form.
- Apply to Texas A&M University – A special A&M Academy application link will be emailed directly to qualified applicants after prospective students are successfully math-level pre-qualified in Step 2 above. Note: New ACC students must take the SAT or ACT prior to application to Texas A&M University.
Applications are accepted beginning January 1, 2018 through June 30, 2018.
Financial Aid Information
To receive financial aid students must:
- Meet the financial aid eligibility requirements.
- Apply for financial aid at Austin Community College via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Use the ACC school code (012015) when submitting your FAFSA. For more details about this process, visit Financial Aid Steps.
- Submit all documents requested by ACC Financial Aid and review the Financial Aid Standards of Academic Progress (SAP).
ACC notifies students via email once financial aid is awarded or if additional documents are required.
Students also are encouraged to apply for the ACC T-STEM scholarship in conjunction with their Texas A&M-Chevron Engineering Academy application.
Visit Texas A&M Engineering Academies for more information.
Learn more at Engineering at Austin Community College.