The Classified Employee Association (CEA) has established the Classified Emergency Fund to provide financial support for ACC classified employees who are facing temporary catastrophic situations that affect their ability to perform their jobs or prevent them from fulfilling their ACC responsibilities and administrative duties.
- Immediate catastrophic situation, i.e., stolen money, money to assist with funeral expenses for immediate family, accidents when no insurance coverage is available
- Losses due to natural disasters, fire, tornado, etc.
- ACC Classified Employee facing the emergency or his/her representative will complete the Request for Classified Emergency Fund form, collect documentation of catastrophic situation or natural disaster (e.g., medical forms, insurance forms, government forms, etc.) and provide a letter of details of the situation.
- The Classified employee or his/her representative will take the Request Form, documentation and letter to Classified Emergency Chairperson who will convene the committee to review the information within 2 working days. A decision will be made within 3 working days of the date the Classified Emergency Chairperson receives the information.
- If the committee declines the request, the classified employee will be notified within the 3 working days.
- If the committee approves the request, the classified employee will be notified and the funds disbursed within the 3 working days.
- All classified staffing table employees that are in need who have served their probationary period at ACC
Highest Priority for Assistance
- Classified employees who have no financial means to cover the catastrophic situation
- Classified employees who are single parents
- Classified employees who have a documented, temporary disability or temporary catastrophic illness
- All others
- Gerry Tucker, Vice President, Human Resources
- Classified Emergency Chairperson or alternate
- Current President of CEA or President Elect
- Classified Employee (someone unfamiliar to employee requesting assistance)
Back to Top