Austin Community College offers several scholarships to qualifying students. The scholarships listed below help students cover tuition, fees and books.
Dance & Drama Scholarship ($500)
Departmental scholarship for dance or drama majors. Recipients must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, successfully completed 15 hours of course work at ACC, including two courses in drama and/or dance, enroll in 6-9 hours for drama majors and 4-6 hours for dance majors. Awards are based partly on prior involvement with the Dance and Drama Department for at least one semester, scholastic merit, artistic promise, and need for financial assistance.
Dance & Drama Freshman Scholarship ($1,000)
Purpose: To assist incoming freshmen enrolling in the ACC Dance or Drama program.
• Dance or Drama major.
• Must have graduated high school within the last two years of application and not transferring from another college or university.
• Minimum 2.5/4.0 GPA or equivalent in high school.
• Audition and interview with at least one member of the Dance and Drama Department faculty.
• Awarded on the basis of scholastic merit, artistic promise and need for financial assistance.
Terms of Scholarship:
1. Recipient chosen by Dance and Drama Department faculty.
2. Students must successfully complete a minimum of nine hours each semester with a 2.50 GPA while on scholarship.
3. Drama majors must enroll in a minimum of 3-6 hours in drama coursework. Dance majors must enroll in 3-6 hours in dance coursework.
4. Recipients must sign an agreement stating specific involvement with the Dance and Drama Department for at least one semester. This involvement may be through performance, in technical production, or in management and administration.
5. Award is two consecutive fall and spring semesters.
Boyd Vance Scholarship ($1,000)
Assists African-American students enrolling in the ACC Dance or Drama Program. Recipients must have a high school diploma, GED, or 3.0 GPA for all college work and enroll in at least 9 hours per semester of which 3-6 hours must be dance or drama coursework. Recipients must sign an agreement stating specific involvement with the Dance and Drama Department for at least one semester. This involvement may be through performance, in technical production, or in management and administration.
For more information, check out
ACC’s Scholarship Opportunities page
Please note that scholarship applications have deadlines that must be met. Please see the particular scholarship in which you have interest to find deadline information.