Mehrdad Setayesh

MehrdadMehrdad Setayesh

I was born in Tehran, Iran on Aug 2, 1963.  At very young age, I realized the importance of education in rewarding future.  In July 1977, I moved to USA to continue my education.

I finished high school in Dallas, Texas during summer 1979.  I received my BS degree in Mechanical Engineering (May 1983) and MA degree in Economics (Dec 1992) both from University of Texas at Arlington.  I taught all levels of undergraduate classes in Economics at UT Arlington for 2 years.

With the growth of personal computers in 1990’s, I moved to Austin, Texas to pursue a career in high tech sector in Jan 1995.  I’ve been working full-time in high tech industry and teaching Economics part-time at ACC since then.  I have, also, taught Economics at Huston-Tillotson University and Southwestern University on very limited bases during this time.

I find teaching very rewarding and I’m truly passionate about field of Economics.  As part-time instructor of Economics, I always try to share my experiences in private sector as they relate to materials covered in the classroom during my lectures.

I’m married.  My wife and I have 1 wonderful boy.  We’ve learned so much from him and consider ourselves very blessed to have a child like him.