The Office of Equity and Inclusion is a part of the Division of Community Engagement and Public Affairs. The office was created to elevate ACC’s commitment to ensuring the college is welcoming and inclusive of all students regardless of ability, race, gender, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or religion.
- sustained leadership and training;
- methodologies for data collection and analysis to promote informed decision-making;
- the integration of college-wide conflict mediation training and professional development for culturally responsive teaching;
- inclusive methods to assess underserved communities’ needs and engagement in college programs;
- the identification and use of assessment, evaluation and accountability tools to measure institutional readiness for inclusive and equitable practices and progress toward identified goals;
- communicating and disseminating information about diverse student outcomes, promising practices for institutional change and community engagement.
We focus on emerging high-impact strategies as Central Texas becomes a more equitable and inclusive community.
Leadership with an equity lens
Collaborative work to acquire the knowledge, mindsets and tools to change the system
Equipping and empowering groups disproportionately affected by systemic inequities
Education for culturally responsive teaching and service
Conduct asset mapping of Asian, African American, Latino, and LGBTQ communities
Identify equity assessment and evaluation tools for organizations and institutions