Previously Recommended Courses
Lynda.com is a leading online learning platform that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. ACC staff and faculty have free access to the Lynda.com video library of engaging, top-quality courses taught by recognized industry experts.
For 20 years, Lynda.com has helped students, leaders, IT and design pros, project managers—anyone in any role—develop software, creative, and business skills. Now part of Linkedin, Lynda.com serves more than 10,000 organizations. With tutorials in five languages, Lynda.com is a global platform for success.
Creating your Account on Lynda.com
To create a new account at Lynda.com with your ACC credentials:
- Go to the Lynda.com Email Sign-up area and enter your ACCmail email address.
- Check your ACCmail for the Lynda.com login link. If you do not see an email please check your ACCMail “tabs” [i.e. promotions, social, primary].
- Wait for the confirmation email. Once received, follow the URL within the email to set up a password. Don’t forget to fill out your profile attributes, and rate your interests. This helps refine your searches and video suggestions.
To learn more, we suggest that you watch the quick introductory video tutorial: How to use lynda.com.
To view certificates of a Lynda.com course completion:
- Log on to Lynda.com
- Use the drop down menu for your account (by your first name in the upper right corner of the screen) and select “Certificates”.
- Find the completed course you are claiming credit for. Select the “View/Print” link to the right of that course listing.
- A new window should appear displaying your completion certificate. Select “Save as PDF” in the upper left of that window.
How Credit is Issued:
- Lynda.com transmits course completions to ACC on a monthly basis, through the human resources office of staff professional development and evaluations.
- If you are missing Lynda.com credits from more than a month ago, attach your saved certificate PDF file to an email and send it to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and ACC ID# in the body of the email message. Your account will be updated in the order received.
- For Lynda.com questions email firstname.lastname@example.org