The ACC Leadership Academy is open to all full-time ACC faculty and staff members.
The goal of the academy is:
- To develop the leadership skills of ACC full-time staffing table employees who demonstrate future leadership promise
- To foster the presence of effective leadership in higher education
How will I benefit from the program?
Participants will have opportunities to:
- Enhance their leadership skills
- Foster personal and professional growth
- Gain hands-on leadership experience
Who is eligible to participate in the program?
The ACC Leadership Academy is open to all full-time ACC staffing table employees (both faculty and staff) who have recently or will soon** complete two consecutive years of service at ACC. The application process requires submission of the applicant’s two most recent performance evaluations. The Leadership Academy class will consist of no more than 25 participants, representative of the diversity at ACC.
**Two years of full time employment must be completed by the start of the Leadership Academy program in September.
How will participants be chosen?
Participants will be chosen based on their demonstrated commitment to ACC, their potential for professional growth, and their long-term goals.
What is the commitment?
To be an active participant, employees must:
- Attend interactive full-day sessions from September to May, usually on Fridays
- Attend one ACC Board meeting
- Meet with a mentor at least twice per semester
- Complete miscellaneous development “homework” assignments that include reading and reflection
- Participate in a college related project with a team (including research & development, meetings with stake-holders, and a final proposal at the end of the year to the President/CEO)
Find a full list of FY18 Leadership Academy institute dates here.