Jay Stephens, adjunct associate professor of geology, talks to students at a recent area of study information session. More than 540 incoming students participated in the first month of AoS sessions; more than 1,000 are signed up for upcoming sessions.
A new webpage makes it easy for students, faculty, and staff to find advisors for each of the 10 areas of study.
ACC has been selected for a 12-college cadre that represents the vanguard of institutions adopting the concept in Texas.
ACC is tackling the issue of high-priced textbooks through an initiative to create free or low-cost course materials. Learn how faculty can get involved.
Still more grant news: A Texas Workforce Commission award gives military heroes a fast track to becoming healthcare heroes through ACC’s Associate Degree Nursing Program.
The annual benefits enrollment period begins July 24. Plus, learn about a new weight-loss program and see who just earned a Supervisor Certificate and which long-time members of the ACC community are retiring.
The just-released Progress Toward Excellence report from ACC and the Austin Chamber of Commerce shows how the college is addressing area labor force needs and previews future challenges.
Mark your calendar
Plan now to attend these two fun and inspirational events:
ACC in the news
- KXAN-TV: Austin Community College students reach for the stars at NASA
- Austin Business Journal: How ACC plans to produce more workers for key Austin industries
- Austin American-Statesman: Chamber report praises, prods ACC
- Austin American-Statesman: ACC ramps up effort to graduate students with work experience in hand
- Austin American-Statesman: ACC gets grant to ditch costly textbooks in certain classes