By | February 11, 2020

senate logo

THE SENATE STANDARD – ISSUE 21

Dear Faculty Colleagues,

Lots to share this week. Please take a peek to learn about new reporting rules, your spring SAS update, and a terrific faculty development opportunity. Hope to see you at Friday’s meeting, where we’ll be discussing Dual Credit, Compliance, Upward Evaluations, and our Bylaws revisions, among other topics.

Senate Meetings / Minutes / Agendas

2/14/20 Senate Meeting – noon to 2pm HBC 301  – The agenda is now available. Please join us for lunch (bring your own drink), great faculty discussions, and professional development credit. All full time faculty are welcome.

Newsworthy

New Reporting Rules – Starting January 1, there are new rules regarding reporting of sexual assault, harassment, dating violence and stalking. Charlene Buckley will be our guest at the February 14 Senate meeting (see agenda above). She’ll be giving us an update on the new rules, and answering faculty questions. You can also learn more, and find the form for reporting at www.austincc.edu/compliance.

SAS Spring update – Student accessibility services has created their Spring “Welcome Letter” for faculty. Please take a peek to ensure you have an understanding of current SAS policies.

New Action Items [please check due dates below!]

Celebration of Great Teaching Retreat – Shameless plug alert! This year’s ACC teaching retreat will be April 24-26 in Bandera, TX. I’ll be serving as a facilitator for the retreat, and I want to I encourage you to apply. This unique event is one of the most valuable faculty development opportunities I’ve ever participated in. I’m not overstating it when I say it changed my teaching life. If you are able to attend, I promise, it will be time well spent. The deadline to apply is Monday, February 21st. Go to www.austincc.edu/greatteaching to apply.

Current Action Items (These are reminders for things I’ve already sent out):

Riverbat Bravo Selection Committee – We have now received many excellent volunteers for this opportunity, and are therefore closing the call for representatives. Thanks to everyone who volunteered to serve. I will be in touch with everyone before the end of the week.

SCHOLARSHIPS!!! [due April 1, 2020]  – As mentioned in the last Standard, the ACC Foundation has ONE APPLICATION for all 700 scholarships they offer our students. Applications are open now, so please let your students know about them. There is help to complete the applications available at every ACCelerator. Students can view THIS PAGE to get the application, and help to apply.

Rio Grande Attache Building Cleanout – Due to upcoming construction, this entire building needs to be cleaned out. If you have anything in the building, February 28 is the final deadline to get your things out. Anything left after that date will be disposed of.

Best,

++missi patterson