Project ACC Summer Institute on Active & Engaged TeachingJune 10-14, 2019 | 8AM to 1PM | EVC
The Project ACC Summer Institute on Engaged and Active Teaching is an application-only program led by the current Project ACC Faculty Fellows. This week-long event includes interactive plenary and breakout sessions that will give you tools necessary to explore and pilot engaged & interactive teaching strategies in your classroom.
The goal of research based Active Teaching is to engage students in classroom activities that promote analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of course material. Educational techniques, such as group work and peer interaction, stimulate student-centered learning that encourages students to reflect, analyze, and apply course material. In addition, Active Learning increases student engagement and enjoyment while also promoting deeper learning.
- Compensation for the 2019 Summer Institute includes a $300 stipend for all participants who successfully complete the Institute.
- Participants must attend every session to receive their stipend (a working lunch will be included each day).
Materials from the 2018 Summer Institute
The second Project ACC Summer Institute on Active & Engaged Teaching was held June 4-8, 2018. Take a peek here for all the materials related to that event.
Summer 2018 Program
Summer 2018 “Recipe Cards” with great teaching tips
Presentation Materials from 2018 Institute
Video of Faculty Group Presentations from 2018 Institute – coming soon
Participants must attend every session to receive their stipend (a working breakfast and lunch will be included).
Optional Stipend for Completing a Fall 2018 Pilot:
- There are FIVE steps to earning a stipend of $300 for planning and running a pilot of a new teaching strategy in at least one Fall 2018 class.
- This option is ONLY available to participants who earned the first $300 stipend for complete attendance AND who have NOT been selected as Faculty Fellows.
- The entire process (with links to all required forms) is outlined below.
- Please note that failure to meet any requirements by the deadlines may result in the forfeiture of your stipend.
Timeline for the Project ACC Pilot Stipend Program (updated for 2018 summer institute)
Step One – Complete the Pilot Proposal Form by August 20, 2018
Step Two – Receive your mentor assignment and contact your mentor by August 31, 2018
Step Three – Run your pilot in at least one Fall 2018 class
Step Four – Complete the Pilot Report Form by March 29, 2019 (the week after Spring Break)
Step Five – Receive stipend of $300 by end of Spring 2019 Semester
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SAVING YOUR WORK ON THE ABOVE FORMS:
- The two forms above have saving enabled, but if you plan to save your work, you must set up an account to do so FIRST.
- There are instructions on each form for how to create the account, and you’ll use a separate account for each form.
- If you do not see a “save” AND “submit” button at the bottom of your form, you do not have saving enabled, and all information will be lost if you attempt to create an account.
- CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT BEFORE ENTERING ANY DATA INTO THE FORMS!
Materials from the 2017 Summer Institute
The first Project ACC Summer Institute on Active & Engaged Teaching was held June 5-9, 2017. Take a peek here for all the materials related to that event.
Summer 2017 Program
Presentation Materials from 2017 Institute
Video of Faculty Group Presentations from 2017 Institute