EDUC 1300 Effective Learning:
Student Success in College – Doing What Works!
This 3 credit-hour transferable core course covers topics and models for:
- Self-awareness, goal setting, mindset, and motivation
- Identifying and accessing college resources and services
- Managing time and effort for successful outcomes
- Reading, note-taking, writing, and test-taking skills
- Effective learning, memory, and study strategies
- Critical, creative, and practical thinking skills
- EDUC 1200 (2-2- 0) and EDUC 1100 (1-1- 0) are 2 credit-hour and 1 credit-hour transferable
core courses that cover most of the topics and models that EDUC 1300 covers.
This course is ideal for those who are:
- Entering college for the first time
- Returning after an extended absence
- Having difficulties with their studies
- Wanting to get the most out of their efforts.