Please note: The Curriculum & Programs Committee must first approve any revisions to the AoS, program map title, degree name/type, pre-degree requirements, course information, and credit hours before the program map can be updated; these changes affect the catalog.
Update a current program map
- Access the Online Form via the Guided Pathways Mapping site: http://sites.austincc.edu/guidedpathways/program-maps-process/
- Submit updates and edits via the Online Form as well as attach any clarifying documentation.
- After submission, the following updates can be processed without Curriculum & Programs Committee approval:
– Department Chair contact information
– Department Website
– Program Description
– Career Information
– Transfer Information
- See note above regarding all other updates that require Curriculum and Programs Committee approval. Refer to the following Helpful Resources section for proposal packet documentation requirements.
- If there are any questions about the requested updates, the requester will be contacted.
- The updated program map is uploaded online to the appropriate Guided Pathways Program Maps page, http://sites.austincc.edu/guidedpathways/program-maps/, and Areas of Study page, http://sites.austincc.edu/areasofstudy, generally within one week.
- Notification is sent to the requester that edits are completed and the program map has been posted.
Create a program map for a new award
- Submit a request for a new program map template via email to Georgia Branch, email@example.com.
- Complete the template by building the new program map that will accompany the new award plan in your proposal packet documentation for the Curriculum & Programs Committee meeting agenda binder, following the established guidelines: http://sites.austincc.edu/guidedpathways/guidelines.
- After the new award and program map have been approved through the Curriculum and Programs Committee (and any other approvals as needed), submit the final Word version of the newly approved program map via the online form.
- The new program map is uploaded online to the appropriate Guided Pathways Program Maps page, http://sites.austincc.edu/guidedpathways/program-maps/, and Areas of Study page, http://sites.austincc.edu/areasofstudy/.
- Notification is sent to the requester that the approved program map has been posted.
Curriculum & Programs Committee functions and meeting dates: http://www.austincc.edu/facstaff/organizational-reference/shared-governance-councils-and-committees/academic-and-student-affairs-council/curriculum-and-programs-committee
Curriculum & Programs Committee agenda packet requirements:
- Appropriate (New, Revised, Expire) Curriculum & Programs Committee INSS Form, completed with approvals: Department Chair/Dean/AVP signed
- Proposed 2019-2020 catalog award plan; if a revision, notate revisions highlighted/in a colored font, etc.
- Current 2018-2019 catalog award plan, if revision
- New or Revised Program Map (download a PDF version and provide update notations)
- Minutes from advising committee/task force where new award/program revisions were discussed, voted on, and approved
Curriculum & Programs Committee Forms: https://sites.google.com/a/austincc.edu/acc-forms-inventory/instruction-2
Guided Pathways Mapping website: http://sites.austincc.edu/guidedpathways/
Access the online form to submit edits for a current program map or submit a new program map request: https://fs7.formsite.com/accids/form181/index.html
Areas of Study website: http://sites.austincc.edu/areasofstudy/
Catalog Award Plans and Course Descriptions: https://www6.austincc.edu/cms/site/www/catalog/catalog.php
For questions regarding the program map process, please contact Georgia Branch: firstname.lastname@example.org (512) 223-7091