Sonography Application Period
April 1, 2020 - June 26, 2020
Deadline extended for Fall 2020 applicants only. Apply Here.
Vocational Nursing Traditional Application Period
March 25, 2020 - September 1, 2020
RN-to-BSN Spring 2021 Application Period
February 1, 2020 - August 10, 2020
Austin Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Austin Community College.
The purpose of publishing the name, address and contact numbers of Austin Community College’s primary accreditor, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, is to meet federal requirements. Publication of this information is to enable interested constituents (1) to learn about the accreditation status of Austin Community College District, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of Austin Community College District’s decennial review, or (3) to file a complaint against Austin Community College District for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement. Normal inquires about Austin Community College District, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc. should be addressed directly to Austin Community College District and not to the Commission’s office.
In addition, many Health Sciences programs are accredited by non-governmental, nationally recognized organizations that oversee post-graduate education in their areas of specialization.
The following organizations have accredited ACC Health Sciences programs in their specialty:
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE): 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929; Phone: (301) 652-AOTA
- Commission on Dental Accreditation: 211 E. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611-2678; Phone: (800) 621-8099 or (312) 440-4653
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education: 1111 N. Fairfax St. Alexandria, VA 22314-1488; Phone: (703) 684-2782 or (800) 999-2782
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists: 7272 Wisconsin Ave., Bethesda, MD 20814; Phone: (301) 657-3000
- Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education: 135 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 4100, Chicago, IL 60603-4810; Phone: (312) 664-3575
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (Sonography and Surgical Technology): 25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763; Phone: (727) 210-2350
- Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions: 8301 Lakeview Parkway, Rowlett, TX 75088; Phone: (214) 703-8445
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology: 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606; Phone: (312) 704-5300; Fax (312) 704-5304
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences: 5600 N. River Road, Ste 560, Rosemont, IL 60606-3182; Phone (847) 939-3597
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing: 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326; Phone: (404) 975-5000, Fax: (404) 975-5020
- Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners: 333 Guadalupe St., Suite 2-510, Austin, TX 78701-3942; Phone (512) 305-6900
- Commission for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM): 233 N. Michigan Avenue, 21st Floor, Chicago, IL 60601-5800; Phone: (312) 233-1100
- American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Education and Activities (CVTEA): 1931 N. Meacham Road, Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL 60173-4360; Phone: (800) 248-2862 x6624
Search the Health Sciences Website
Health Sciences Updates
The ACC Early Alert Referral System
The ACC Early Alert Referral System (EARS) is a new resource hub for ACC students seeking assistance with Academics, Health Care, Child and Family Care, Mental Health, Transportation, Civil Rights, Food Assistance, and more. Click here to visit the website.Read more
Attention! All students that have not been accepted into an ACC Health Sciences program…
All students who have not been accepted into an ACC Health Sciences program should declare General Studies in Pre-Health Sciences (Associate of Science) for their major. Once accepted into a program, the student's major will be updated.Read more
For New Health Sciences Applicants
All students wanting to apply to a Health Science Program should start their application by uploading their immunization record to CastleBranch. Use Package Code UL64imRead more