Dental Hygiene Patient Information
The Dental Hygiene Program is Accepting Patients!
We are in need of patients for preventive services who:
- Are age 6 or older
- Are committed to student learning
- Have time in their schedule for 3 to 5 appointments
- Can plan for their appointments to last 3 hours each
Patients accepted for dental hygiene care will receive:
- A head and neck cancer screening, dental x-rays as needed, a complete dental examination, and a very thorough teeth cleaning
- Quality care at very affordable prices. The dental hygiene treatment fees are only a fraction of the costs since the clinic is a teaching facility.
- Further discounts offered to those enrolled in financial assistance programs!
All procedures are checked by a licensed dental professional. Our students and faculty will classify each patient to match his/her dental hygiene needs to the student’s educational needs and preparation.
To schedule for your initial screening contact us at (512) 223-5710 or stop by the Health Sciences Building during regular business hours: Eastview Campus, 3401 Webberville Road, Bldg. 8000 Rm. 8162 (across from the campus bookstore).
This clinic does not perform fillings, crowns, extractions, braces or other restorative procedures.
Please send diagnostic quality x-rays and images to the Austin Community College Dental Hygiene Clinic via one of the following protocols:
To electronically upload images:
- Go to collegeconnectionshare.austincc.edu.
- Click “Upload new file via HTTP.”
- Fill out your email.
- Enter destination email email@example.com.
- Change the Availability Period to 1 week.
- Click Browse to upload the file. If you have more than one file to upload, combine all files into one (using zip or a similar program), then upload the resulting file.
- Enter patient’s name for Description.
- Click “Submit.”
To physically deliver images:
- Place images on a blank disc or flash drive and give to patient.
- Patient will hand deliver disc/flash drive to ACC.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to maintain HIPAA compliance.
Search the Health Sciences Website
Dental Hygiene Updates
Adopt a pet cared for by ACC vet tech students
Austin Community College is working with area animal shelters to find forever homes for pets who were trained and cared for by students in the Veterinary Technology Program. Click here to read the story at the ACC Newsroom.Read more
Admissions selection criteria has changed.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is now required for program admission. Two exam attempts per calendar year are allowed. We will accept the higher of the two composite scores. No minimum score is required. Please review the Application Process page for more details.Read more
ACC awarded $30,000 grant to help students pay for unexpected expenses
Austin Community College was awarded a $30,000 Project Success: Emergency Fund Grant to help students who are facing unforeseen financial needs continue on their educational pathways. Click here to read the story at the ACC Newsroom.Read more