Vocational Nursing Spring 2022 Application Period
September 1, 2020 - June 1, 2021
Health Information Technology Application Period
September 1, 2020 - June 1, 2021
Physical Therapist Assistant Application Period
September 1, 2020 - June 5, 2021
Occupational Therapy Assistant Application Period
September 1, 2020 - May 31, 2021
Sonography Application Period
April 1, 2021 - June 1, 2021
Associate Degree Nursing Alternate Entry Applications Accepted Fall 2021
April 6, 2021 - May 3, 2021
Associate Degree Nursing Alternate Entry Applications Accepted Spring 2022
April 6, 2021 - September 14, 2021
Associate Degree Nursing Traditional Track Application Period for Spring 2022
April 5, 2021 - June 1, 2021
Veterinary Technology Application Period
February 1, 2021 - June 1, 2021
RN-to-BSN Fall 2021 Applications Accepted
November 6, 2020 - June 1, 2021
Tutoring for Nursing Students
The Academic Nursing tutor can assist with academic skills for the Associate Degree Nursing, Vocational Nursing, and RN-to-BSN programs:
- Tutoring FAQs
- Learning effective study skills
- HESI/NCLEX test-taking strategies
- Time management
- Navigating additional resources
- Early Alert Referral System – A new resource hub for ACC students seeking assistance with Academics, Health Care, Child and Family Care, Mental Health, Transportation, Civil Rights, Food Assistance, and more.
- Health Sciences Retention Coordinator – The Health Sciences Retention Coordinator can provide assistance in a variety of areas such as study skills, test taking strategies, time management, academic concerns, and more.
- Library Services – Libraries and Reference Librarians are available on each campus, including CEC. Reference Librarian services are available by walk in, appointment, e-mail, or phone during business hours. After-hours services are accessed via AskAcademic chat service.
- Mental Health Resources & Counseling – If you encounter situational crises or difficulty being successful, a counselor can help. Other services provided by counselors are career assessment and academic advising. Services are available by faculty referral, appointment, or walk in.
- Nursing Student Success Workshop – Learn how to prepare for your tests and manage your study time.
- Nursing Tutoring Resources – Tutors, websites, books, groups, and more!
- Student Support – You have access to all sorts of free resources as an ACC student. Take advantage of them! These academic, personal, and financial support services are designed to keep you on track if things get tough.
There are no more upcoming Group Tutoring Sessions scheduled at this time.
There are no more upcoming Dosage Calculation Workshops scheduled at this time.
Dr. Sarah Garcia-Portillo, DNP, MSN-Ed, BSN, RN
Professional Nursing Tutor
Austin Community College Eastview Campus
3401 Webberville Road, Office 8277
Austin, TX 78702
Search the Health Sciences Website
TEAS Testing Requirements for Health Sciences Applicants
A TEAS Exam score is required to apply to the following programs: Dental Hygiene, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiology, and Vocational Nursing.
If you are not applying to one of the programs above, then you are not required to take the TEAS Exam at this time. Please refer to the Application Process page for your program to see all application requirements.Read more
Pass/Fail Grades and HESI Testing for Associate Degree Nursing Applicants
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact on classes, Austin Community College will offer a Pass/No Pass option for students who enrolled in the Spring 2020 semester.Read more
Anatomy and Physiology I Assessment Testing Suspended for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 Registration
Due to COVID-19 and in response to ACC campuses limiting access to essential personnel only, the A&P I Assessment Test has been suspended for the remainder of the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 registration periods.Read more