Application Process for RN-to-BSN Students
For additional questions about the RN-to-BSN application process, please contact Karen Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 223-5937.
Print this page and use it as a checklist as you proceed. The accordion boxes will expand automatically when printed.
- Applicants must be enrolled in Austin Community College. Click here for more information. Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to a Health Sciences program.
- Applicants must meet the Technical Standards required by the program.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4-point scale for all prerequisite coursework (see the section Before You Apply below for a list of prerequisites).
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4-point scale for all nursing coursework.
- All prerequisite nursing courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better prior to submitting an application.
- Applicants must have an Associate Degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution of higher education that is accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency or a diploma in nursing from an institution that is accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency.
- All applicants must have a current, unencumbered Texas or an Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact RN license to begin the program.
Technology Requirements for Hybrid Courses
Minimum Technology Requirements:
- Access to Internet
- A reliable computer
- Microsoft Office
- For the minimum hardware and software requirements necessary to access an online class, see the Blackboard System Requirements page.
Minimum Technical Skills:
As part of your online experience, you can expect to utilize a variety of technology mediums as part of your curriculum:
- Communicate via email including sending attachments
- Navigate the World Wide Web using a Web browser such as Google Chrome
- Use office applications such as Microsoft Office (or similar) to create documents
- Be willing to learn how to communicate using a discussion board and upload assignments to a classroom Website
- Be comfortable uploading and downloading saved files
- Have easy access to the Internet
- Navigate Blackboard, including using the communication component within Blackboard
International students who are neither a U.S. Citizen nor a U.S. Permanent Resident and are on F-1 status or are seeking a F-1 visa, including those students who are currently enrolled at institutions of higher education in other programs of study, are not eligible for acceptance (or to apply) to the Austin Community College RN-to-BSN program at this time.
The RN-to-BSN Program admits students in the Fall semester only.
The deadline for Fall 2019 applications is June 1, 2019.
- Complete the ACC admissions process.
- Attend an optional Information Session about the RN-to-BSN Program at ACC.
- Obtain one Letter of Recommendation from current or former nursing faculty or from employer.
- Complete all prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better. Applicants must have completed 54 credits from the following list of general education/prerequisite courses:
- Component Area Option (see Degree Plan)
- BIOL 2420: Microbiology for the Health Sciences
- BIOL 2401 and BIOL 2402: Anatomy & Physiology (May substitute with BIOL 2304/2101 & 2305/2102)
- ENGL 1301: English Composition I
- ENGL 1302: English Composition II or ENGL 2311: Technical and Business Writing
- MATH 1342: Elementary Statistics
- HPRS 2300: Pharmacology for Health Professions
- PHIL 2306: Ethics
- Creative Arts course from core curriculum list
- HIST 1301: U.S. History I
- HIST 1302: U.S. History II
- GOVT 2305: U.S. Government
- GOVT 2306: Texas State & Local Government
- PSYC 2301: Introduction To Psychology
- PSYC 2314: Human Growth & Development
- SPCH 1318: Interpersonal Communication or SPCH 1311: Introduction to Speech Communications
- Obtain an official transcript from any institution other than ACC where prerequisite coursework was completed.
- Download and print the RN-to-BSN Program application.
- Return the application by mail or in person to one of the ACC Health Sciences Admissions Offices before the application deadline:
- Eastview Campus: 3401 Webberville Rd. Austin, TX 78702 (Building 8000, Room 8356)
- Round Rock Campus: 4400 College Park Dr, Round Rock TX 78665 (Building 3000, room 3105)
- Inform both the Professional Nursing Department and the ACC Admissions and Records Office of any changes in mailing or e-mail address.
- If further assistance is needed, contact Karen Cooper at email@example.com or (512) 223-5937.
First priority will be given to graduates of Austin Community College’s Associate Degree Nursing program, and second priority will be given to those living or working in the ACC service area as defined on this page.
Professional Nursing Updates
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: Initial Accreditation of RN-to-BSN Program
The Austin Community College RN-to-BSN Program wishes to announce that we will host a site review for initial accreditation of our RN-to-BSN Program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). You are invited to meet the visit team and share your comments about the program in person at a meeting scheduled for Thursday, February 28, 2019, at 4 p.m. at the following location:Read more
Spring 2019 Student Handbook Now Available
To view the Spring 2019 Student Handbook, click here.Read more
ACC awarded $30,000 grant to help students pay for unexpected expenses
Austin Community College was awarded a $30,000 Project Success: Emergency Fund Grant to help students who are facing unforeseen financial needs continue on their educational pathways. Click here to read the story at the ACC Newsroom.Read more