Why Study History?
“But what experience and history teach is this, that peoples and governments never have learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it.”
- George Anders, You Can Do Anything: The Surprising Power of a “Useless” Liberal Arts Education
- James Grossman, “History isn’t a ‘useless’ major.”
- Arthur M. Schlesinger, “Folly’s Antidote.”
- James J. Shehan, “How Do We Learn from History.”
- Peter N. Sterns, “Why Study History?”
- Randall Stross, A Practical Education: Why Liberal Arts Majors Make Great Employees