- Results of 2009 Austin Im...
Results of 2009 Austin Immigration Conference
Overview/Summaries of Presentations
Back to Top
- Empire and Immigration: The U.S. and Mexico in Comparative Perspective by Paul Hart, Ph.D, Associate Professor of History, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
- Immigration From a Faith Based Perspective by Kevin Appleby, Director, Migration and Refugee Services, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Washington, D.C.
- United States Immigration Laws by Paul Parsons, Immigration Attorney, Board Certified, Austin, TX –
- Immigration and the Economy by Jon Hockenyos, President, Texas Perspectives, Austin, TX
- The Texas Legislature and Immigration Policy by Honorable Gonzalo Barrientos (Texas Senate 1985 – 2007), President & Principal Gonzalo Barrientos & Associates, Inc., and Senior Advisor and Associate for Adelante Solutions, Inc., Austin, TX
- The Immigration Question for Austin by Chris Jimmerson, Executive Director, American Gateways, Austin, TX; and Meg Poag, Executive Director, Literacy Coalition of Central Texas, Austin, TX
- Immigration and Enforcement and the Local Impacts to Communities by Maile Broccoli-Hickey, Executive Director, English at Work, Austin, TX; and Amy Thompson, Policy Analyst, Austin, TX
- Creating Public Awareness by Caroline Keating-Guerra, Coordinator, Immigrant Rights Coalition, Austin, TX
- Results of Participant Evaluations
- Discussion Results