Part-Time Production Studio Assistant
Who we are:
Lisa Crowder Jewelry is a small production studio in central East Austin. We create a mixture of production sterling silver & 14k vermeil jewelry & one of a kind enamel jewelry. Most work is fabricated in the studio using traditional metalsmithing techniques such as piercing, soldering, forming, and finishing. We currently sell work to approximately 40 stores nationwide & sell at juried craft shows.
Key things we’re looking for in an assistant:
- commitment- it’s expensive to train ppl no matter how much experience you have. Ideally, a 2 yr commitment is what we’re looking for.
- attention to detail
- ability to problem solve
- self starter- Lisa is often out of the studio, so you must be able to effectively work without supervision
- willingness to be directed- Sarah is my long time studio manager, she works alongside all assistants, but she also performs quality control & she will be the one to decide if something needs to be done again or not.
- ability to perform repetitive tasks
- knowledge of piercing, soldering, forming, finishing, and enameling.
- ability to be part of the team-we work in very tight quarters, so everyone getting along is key to a healthy work environment.
I would require a bench test prior to consideration.
Starting pay is $13/hr for the first 3 mos on trial basis & then discuss whether it’s a good fit or not.
At that point, a increase can be discussed.
At the moment I am ideally looking for someone for 1-2 days a week, with the ability to work additional days/hours during crunch time.
Please send resume & examples of work.
Description from Jason:
It is a fast paced/production environment, and is mostly repair work/sizings etc. There is a lot of room for growth, and the limit is up to the individual. There is no experience necessary, just someone who likes working in a fast paced environment (the time flies by!). Job duties are mainly shipping/receiving, quality control, polishing. Fully staffed we have 3 apprentices and 5 Jewelers, I am seeking to fill an apprentice spot. Apprentices are expected to be jeweler ready in 6-8 months, and can expect a few dollar increase with each promotion. It is full time, full/great benefits including paid vacation, pto and holidays, health/vision/dental insurance, 401k. The schedule varies, but its 5 days a week with every other weekend off. I am very open to scheduling around classes or any regular duties they may need days off for. We are located in south Austin. I would be happy to go into further details with anyone interested. I am also willing to set up interviews in the near future knowing full well they may not be able to start before school gets out, it’s nice to get a jump start on the process.