Here you will find job postings for jewelers, typically in the Austin area.
If you are looking to work for ACC, clink here.
If you are wanting to have your job posting added to this list, email Dwayne Bandy with the following: Business Name, Business Location, Requirements, Job Description, Job Specific Duties, Starting Pay, Benefits, Contact Name, Contact email and/or phone.
Also include printable flyer with above information, for physical jobs board on-campus.
A rotating list of jewelry-related jobs in the Austin area can be found on ZipRecruiter.
$10/hr + 10% Commission
Part Time, Weekends
Learn The Merchant Side of the Jewelry Business
Elementals is a small local handcrafted jewelry business, active in Austin since 2004. Now looking for weekly booth help at outdoor art markets located on South Congress Avenue in Austin. These markets are some of the best in Austin, with long wait lists for new artists. You will meet the organizers and get to interact with other artists who have been making a living at their craft for years.
– Require someone with good communication skills who enjoys talking with people.
– Paid training provided.
– $10/ hour + 10% commission. Raises for performance as well as longevity.
– Flexible hours. Start as early as 9 AM or as late as noon. Need to be able to work until 6:30 PM
– Looking for help all four Saturdays, and some Sundays, but am open to two or more persons to fill the days. Prefer an availability of at least two days each month.
– Must have reliable vehicle that can transport booth equipment. Elementals will arrive in the morning and set up the booth. After training, associate will break down booth, load and drop off jewelry and display. Travel time paid.
– To apply, email email@example.com with your availability, a few sentences about yourself, what you would like to learn about the jewelry business, and what you would bring to the table.
Jewelry Production Assistant Needed!
We are “Limbo Jewelry” a local hand made jewelry company specializing in simple, geometric, minimal pieces and we are in need of an enthusiastic skilled individual with a good work ethic!
Production Assistant (Jewelry fabrication in a production studio environment)
– Full time required, 4-5 days a week (40hrs/week).
– Starting pay $13/hr (training), $14/hr once fully trained
– Some benefits (Matched SIMPLE IRA*elegible after 6 months, some schedule flexibility, flexible vacation time)
– Direct deposit payroll system
– Growth potential within the company.
– Proficiency in basic fabrication skills such as soldering, forming, grinding, hammering, forging, polishing etc.
– Capable of quality and efficient repetitive fabrication labor.
– Able to focus on a specific task and task oriented.
– Attention to detail and a commitment to producing quality work at a consistent rate.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills.
– Must be punctual and have reliable transportation
– Positive attitude and friendly demeanor required
– Quick study and able to work alone
For more information and to schedule an interview/bench test email us your resume with a cover letter specific to this job in a PDF format at:
Subject: Limbo Studio, production assistant applicant (Full name)
Please also include in the body of the email: Distance to work (209 E Ben White Blvd Blvd, 78704) and availability.
Thank you for your interest,
Anne, Edson, Amie and the entire Limbo family.
Would you like some retail jewelry store experience?
Part time employee needed.
- 20-30 hours per week
- Starting wage $15/hr
Position involves sales, repair take in and delivery, and some bench work if needed.
Davenport Village Shopping Center
Full Time, Part Time
Haley Lebeuf Jewelry is looking to hire a production jeweler.
Company culture is the cornerstone of our business. We are dedicated to having a safe, positive work environment. We are looking for a focused, positive, self-starter who is detail oriented and enjoys craft and working with their hands. We are looking for a teammate!
Benefits: Competitive wages, jewelry allowances, bonuses, flexible schedule, comfortable work environment.
Part-time or full-time options available. 24 – 32 hours per week is ideal.
Basic jewelry experience required. The following skills are used on a day-to-day basis. Proficiency in each is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of sterling silver and 14k gold-fill
- Prong setting
- Gold plating
- Dapping, punching
- Finish out (sanding, polishing, etc.)
- Detail oriented
- Metric system
- Excel knowledge is a serious bonus!
Be a part of Austin’s jewelry community! Please send a cover letter letting Haley know why you love making jewelry and why you would be a perfect fit.
About Haley Lebeuf Jewelry | https://www.haleylebeuf.com/studio
Instagram | @HaleyLebeuf
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Jewelry: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Bench Jeweler / Production Assistant
(Minimum wage in Berkeley is $15/hr)
BENCH JEWELER / PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Start Date: 4/1/19
Corey Egan is hiring a Bench Jeweler/Production Assistant to support our jewelry studio. This position is part-time. This role is responsible for creating our signature line of sterling silver and 14 karat jewelry.
Corey Egan is a growing jewelry company based in Berkeley, California. Our business is a mix of wholesale, retail and e-commerce jewelry sales. We pride ourselves on having a current and efficient e-commerce store and cutting edge content marketing for our industry.
Some jewelry experience is required for this position. You must be comfortable using a torch and be able to clean castings quickly and efficiently. Strong attention to detail and the ability to stay organized with many small parts is required.
The Production Assistant will assemble finished pieces of jewelry based on our style manual and contribute to an organized and efficient studio. Your responsibilities will include:
You will be assembling finished pieces of jewelry based on our style manual. This includes cleaning castings, soldering chains, fabrication of earwires and clasps, polishing, tumbling, and some stone setting.
PICK UP & DROP OFFS
You will be sent to our vendors and retailers as needed to pick up and drop off projects in progress. You will take deliveries to the Post Office, UPS, and Fed Ex as needed.
You will use your eye for craftsmanship to check all jewelry and gemstones before submitting them to the office for shipment. You will help us improve the studio workflow and quality of our products.
You will keep track of the stock levels of our raw materials and castings. You will compile and submit requests for orders to the office.
You will keep the studio organized & tidy. You will have weekly cleaning duties including taking out the trash, sweeping the shop, and routine tool maintenance.
- Some jewelry production experience or jewelry schooling is preferred. Attention to detail and a willingness to learn are required.
- You must be comfortable working on precise, repetitive tasks such as sawing, measuring, drilling, filing and polishing.
- You must be comfortable using a torch and doing intermediate soldering skills such as soldering jump rings, earring posts, and chains.
- You are organized and are able to keep small materials, parts, and jobs sorted and accounted for.
- You have an eye for design and craftsmanship. You will detect and correct inconsistencies in small items.
- You’re a team player who is excited to contribute your skills and ideas to a growing brand.
HOURS & COMPENSATION
This position is paid, and compensation will depend on experience and trainability.
This is a part-time position of 15 to 18 hours per week.
This position has the potential to expand into more hours or a more involved role.
Our studio hours are Monday – Friday, 9am-5:30pm.
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- a short paragraph introducing yourself and what you’ll bring to our team
- a few images of current & past work
- where you deserve kudos & any extra skills you possess
- your resume
CAD Jewelry Designer
Up To $50k/yr DOE
Jewelry Manufacturer in Austin, TX seeking a CAD Jewelry Designer to join their team!
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Tooling to ensure that new product designs are feasible to manufacture
- Work with Marketing Department to ensure designs meet marketing needs for product styling.
- Creates digital CAD data files to use for 3D printing and manufacturing of designs.
- Ensures that new product designs meet cost requirements.
- Attends design/manufacturing meetings to advise and report on designs in process for new product introductions and new product prototyping projects.
- 4-10 years jewelry experience.
- Proficient in 3D modeling CAD software use, specifically Matrix, Rhino, Type 3 programs for PC’s.
- Technical Degree or certification in Jewelry CAD design software.
- Design for jewelry manufacturing knowledge.
- Operation of 3D printing machines
- Intermediate personal computer skills including e-mail, spreadsheet, word processing, etc.
- Excellent Communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time, on-site
To apply contact Angela Collins at 678-824-4604 or email your resume and portfolio to email@example.com for consideration.
Jewelry Making Apprentice
Jewelry Making Apprentice Wanted!
John Christian Designers, the worldwide leader in personalized fine jewelry, is looking for a part-time, paid jewelry apprentice. We are a small company that hand-crafts custom pieces in gold, silver, platinum, and steel. No experience required, but a basic knowledge of metalsmithing techniques would be helpful. We will teach you what you need to know to do this job. We can work around school schedules, but need more commitment during peaks seasons (Christmas and Mother’s Day). Please see www.john-christian.com to view our designs.
- Bench Trim
- Lost Wax Investing & Casting
- Stone Setting
- Laser Welding
What We Need From You:
- General Knowledge of Metalsmithing
- Willingness to Learn
- Reliability and Great Work Ethic
- Problem Solving
- To Put “Love” in Everything You Make
Nice Things About the Job:
- No Customer Interaction Required
- Flexible days (2 days, M-Thursday)
- Family Run Business
- Laid Back, Positive Atmosphere
What You Will Get From Us:
- Incredible Training
- Ability to Increase Skills
- Fun/Supportive Work Place
- The Chance to Become a True Craftsperson
Sound Like A Good Fit For You?
Email Wes Weaver – wes@John-Christian.com
To set up an initial phone interview. Please take a look at our web-site, then email your contact info and explain why this might be the spot for you!
Description from Jason:
It is a fast paced/production environment, and is mostly repair work/sizings etc. There is a lot of room for growth, and the limit is up to the individual. There is no experience necessary, just someone who likes working in a fast paced environment (the time flies by!). Job duties are mainly shipping/receiving, quality control, polishing. Fully staffed we have 3 apprentices and 5 Jewelers, I am seeking to fill an apprentice spot. Apprentices are expected to be jeweler ready in 6-8 months, and can expect a few dollar increase with each promotion. It is full time, full/great benefits including paid vacation, pto and holidays, health/vision/dental insurance, 401k. The schedule varies, but its 5 days a week with every other weekend off. I am very open to scheduling around classes or any regular duties they may need days off for. We are located in south Austin. I would be happy to go into further details with anyone interested. I am also willing to set up interviews in the near future knowing full well they may not be able to start before school gets out, it’s nice to get a jump start on the process.
Austin Area Employers
Below you will find a list of larger jewelry companies who have a presence in the Austin area and have frequently rotating job availabilities. Many of these jobs are in the area of retail, design, and logistics, but can still provide valuable experience for anyone in the Jewelry industry. Click the links to go straight to these company’s Career pages.