Austin, TX – July 12, 2007 – Austin Community College District students who plan to transfer to the University of Texas at Dallas (UTD) can lock in today’s tuition rates. The college recently signed the Comet Connection agreement with the Dallas institution to guarantee today’s rates for tomorrow’s students.
Interested students must fill out a pre-admission form to UTD, available at all ACC campuses. The form must be signed by an ACC dean of student services. The UTD tuition and fees rates will be effective for four years following the semester that ACC students complete a Comet Connection pre-application.
Benefits of the agreement include:
- Automatic admission to UTD for ACC students who complete an associate of arts, associate of science, or associate of teaching degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- Acceptance of up to 12 semester hours of honors credit with a grade of 3.5 or better earned at ACC toward the UTD honors program
- No additional costs for registering for hours in excess of 15 semester hours
- Access to ongoing academic advising at the UTD
- Access to the Pre-health Resource Center at UTD
- Pre-health and pre-law advisors will meet with ACC students participating in the Comet Connection at an ACC campus each semester
- Access to UTD libraries
- Discounts to athletic and other selected events on UTD campus
The ACC District has numerous transfer agreements with four-year institutions that guarantee credit for courses taken at ACC.Back to Top