Faculty, staff, and students have a few more opportunities to learn about the upcoming ACC bond and property tax cap election in campus information sessions.
The following campuses and Highland Business Center will host sessions between now and October 10. See the table below for details.
- Cypress Creek
- Rio Grande
- Highland Business Center
Individuals unable to attend a campus session can view the October 10 Northridge session on ACC’s live stream webpage. A recorded presentation will be available at a later date.
Early voting is Oct. 20-31; Election Day is Nov. 4
ACC will have three initiatives on the upcoming election ballot: two separate bond propositions and a proposal to increase the cap on the college’s maintenance and operations (M&O) tax rate. Registered voters residing within the ACC District can cast ballots beginning Monday, October 20.
Proceeds from the bonds would be used to renovate and expand several campuses, build a Leander Campus, and purchase land for a workforce campus in southeast Travis County. The M&O tax revenues would be used for campus upkeep and operations, as well as to fund new programs, stabilize tuition, and hire and retain high-caliber faculty and staff.
Find information; submit questions
The ACC Bond and Tax Cap Election webpage includes details about the propositions, information about the bond planning process, voter information, and a link for submitting questions.
Follow the bond proposal process
View the following web posts to learn more about the bond package and the planning behind the proposals.
- Learn about bond proposals at campus info sessions
- ACC Board increases tax exemption for seniors & sets lowest tax rate in a decade
- Find bond election information and updates on new webpage
- ACC board proceeds with bond proposal – what employees need to know
- Board Calls November Bond Election; Focuses on Infrastructure to Support Workforce
- Board Deliberates Bond Election, Focuses on Paring Down Project List
- ACC Board Expresses Intent for Nov. 2014 Bond Election
- Community Advisory Committee Presents Bond Recommendations
- ACC Bond Advisory Committee Meetings Under Way
Note: To have faculty/staff announcements like these delivered to your inbox, click “Subscribe to receive News & Announcements” on the righthand side of the Faculty & Staff webpage.
To see ACC bond-related news from the local media, click “ACC in the News” on the righthand side of the ACC Newsroom webpage.
Campus information sessions
|Cypress Creek||Monday, Oct. 6; 1 p.m.||Bldg. 2000; Rm. 2223|
|Eastview||Thurs., Oct. 9; 9 a.m.||Bldg. 8000; Rm. 8111|
|Highland Campus||Wed., Oct. 8; 10 a.m.||Social staircase|
|Highland Business Center||Tues., Oct. 7; 10 a.m.||Rm. 301|
|Northridge||Fri., Oct. 10; 1 p.m.||Bldg. 3000; Rm. 3140|
|Rio Grande||Wed., Oct. 8; 1 p.m.||Main floor; Kinslow lounge|