Save money with the ACC Advantage Discount Program
ACC has partnered with Beneplace to offer the ACC Advantage Discount Program, an exclusive website offering employees discounts on products and services from local and national retailers.Â New discounts are added frequently, and seasonal promotions can save you extra money.
Is there a product or service you would like to see on the website? Click the nomination form at the bottom of the Advantage Discount Program homepage to submit suggestions. For questions or assistance, contact Beneplace customer service at 800-683-2886.
Employees Retirement System of Texas: News about your benefits
Don’t leave health and dependent care money on the table this year. Find out what’s eligible for reimbursement from your TexFlex flexible spending account by visiting the TexFlex website.
You also can view your benefits and other resources conveniently with the Payflex app. To download the app, search your smartphone’s app store for PayFlex Mobile.
Healthcare account reminders
- You can use TexFlex account funds to pay for eligible out-of-pocket healthcare expenses for yourself, your spouse, and dependents you claim on your taxes.
- Insurance premiums of any type are not eligible TexFlex account expenses.
- Over-the-counter drugs and medicines are eligible expenses only if you get a written prescription from your healthcare provider before purchasing them. Certain OTC products and supplies are eligible expenses without a prescription.
Dependent care account reminders
- If you’re married, both you and your spouse must be working to use this account. If your spouse isn’t working, he or she must be a full-time student (based on the school’s definition of “full time”), actively looking for work, or incapable of self-care.
- The care must be for your dependent child under the age of 13, or your spouse or dependent who is physically or mentally incapable of self-care.
- Your dependent must receive the care before you can submit a claim to PayFlex to pay yourself back.
For questions go to the TexFlex website or call toll-free atÂ (866) 353-9839. Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Additional benefits-related questions should be directed to Alisol Martinez at 512-223-7800, Prisca Baker at 512-223-7537, or Geri Edens at 512-223-7230, or email email@example.com.
Employee tuition reimbursement requests acceptedÂ Feb. 9-13
Employee tuition reimbursement requests for spring semester classes will be acceptedÂ February 9 – 13.
TheÂ Tuition Reimbursement form will be available atÂ 9 a.m. Monday, February 9; requests must be received byÂ 5 p.m. Friday, February 13.
Human Resources will use a lottery system to determine reimbursement. The lottery will be live streamed and recorded on Friday, February 20, at noon in Highland Business Center Room 301.Â Funding calculations will be done at that time.
Last semester, 18 employees from a pool of 47 applicants received funds through the program. Funds may be used to pay for advanced or graduate-level coursework.
ACC celebrates retirees
ACC celebrates the following individuals retiring in January and February. Retirees are recognized at Board of Trustees meetings for their years of service to the college.
|Name||Department||Years of Service|
|Joel Anders||Student Services||9|
|Susan Corbett||Human Resources||25|
|Rhonda Fenner||President’s Office||21|
|Bruce Mitchell||Instructional Technology||7|
|Rhonda Parsons||Admissions and Records||9|
|Ellen Wuertz||Health Sciences||7|