The Austin Community College Board of Trustees has approved a citizen advisory committee to oversee projects included in the $386 million bond referendum approved by district voters last November.
At their January 20 regular meeting, trustees established the criteria for naming the 13 committee members and the parameters of their duties. Members will meet at least twice a year and serve three-year terms.
At its February 2 meeting, the board appointed to the committee the following individuals representing counties across the district:
- Dan Listrom, commercial real estate professional (Austin/Travis County)
- Dr. Steve Yau, product development specialist, 3M Electrical Market Division (Austin/Travis County)
- Sid Sokol, commissioner, City of Leander (Leander/Williamson County)
- Joene Grissom, president, Grissom & Associates Public Relations/Marketing firm; chair, Highland Campus Advisory Committee (Austin/Travis County)
- David Glass, president, Silverado Business Systems; chair, Elgin Campus Advisory Committee (Elgin/Bastrop County)
- Robert Thomas, attorney (Austin/Travis County)
- Erica Solis, financial analyst, El Buen Samaritano Episcopal Mission (Austin/Travis County)
- Ellen Skoviera, retired chief financial officer, Leander ISD (Round Rock/Williamson County)
- Terry Mazurek, president, Buda First State Bank of Central Texas; chair, Hays Campus Advisory Committee (Buda/Hays County)
Board officers will appoint four additional community at-large members.
Tags: bondBack to Top