The following is provided by the Human Resources Department.
Don’t lose your money! Deadlines approaching for Texflex PY 2015 funds
If you have a TexFlex spending account, you will forfeit the following account funds when the current plan year (PY15) ends:
- Any amount over $500 in your healthcare account on September 1.
- Any funds in your dependent care account not used by November 15.
- Remaining PY15 healthcare account balances less than $25 if you haven’t enrolled in a TexFlex healthcare account for PY 2016 (September 1, 2015 – August 31, 2016).
- September 1: Plan year 2016 begins. Healthcare account participants can carry over up to $500 of PY15 funds into PY16.
- November 15: Dependent care account grace period date. Participants have until November 15 to incur expenses for PY15 funds.
- December 31: Claims for all healthcare and dependent care expenses incurred in PY15 (including the dependent care grace period) must be filed with itemized receipts or other supporting documents.
Note: The third-party administrator for TexFlex will change from PayFlex to ADP on September 1.
Employees participating in a healthcare spending account for the new plan year will see their full PY16 contribution balance in their ADP online accounts on September 1.
Available PY15 funds and carryover amounts will not be displayed in TexFlex healthcare accounts until early October; however, participants can file paper claims during September. These claims will be held until funds from PayFlex are settled and transferred to ADP.
New Debit Cards
ADP will mail TexFlex debit cards to healthcare account participants at no charge by the end of August. Cards can be activated upon receipt and used beginning September 1. Additional debit cards for family members can be obtained at no cost by calling ADP. PayFlex debit cards will be deactivated after August 31.
Dependent care account participants will not be able to use debit cards for dependent care costs after August 31. They will need to submit claims online, by fax, or by mail.
Any current TexFlex healthcare participant who did not elect to contribute to a healthcare account in PY16, but has PY15 carryover funds of $25 to $500 will receive a debit card in October.
Call ADP Customer Care toll-free at 844-884-2364, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Central Standard Time or visit the TexFlex website.
TRS contribution rate increases September 1.
Beginning September 1, employees’ Teacher Retirement System of Texas contribution rate will increase from 6.7 percent to 7.2 percent of their eligible pay. Employees will see the change in their September paychecks. Find more information on the TRS website.
Deer Oaks EAP news
The Deer Oaks monthly newsletter is available on the Employee Assistance Program webpage. The newsletter includes features on topics such as wellness, information about seminars for employees and supervisors, and news about other EAP benefits.
A few of the features in August’s newsletter:
- “Caregiving: Adjusting to Your New Role” (plus details about an upcoming webinar, “Strategies for Multigenerational Caregiving”)
- “Packing a Lunch Punch”
- “Clinician’s Corner: The Sandwich Generation”
- “Frugal Back-To-School Shopping Tips”
Featured employee discounts for August
Check out this month’s featured discounts from the ACC Advantage Discount Program with Beneplace.
- Upgrade your home PC with savings on select laptops, tablets, desktops, and accessories from Lenovo.
- Receive coupons for free products and other savings when you join Costco.
- Get discounts on qualified AT&T wireless services, free phones, free shipping for online purchases, and access to other exclusive offers.
ACC celebrates recent retirees
ACC celebrates the following retirees. Retirees are recognized at Board of Trustees meetings for their years of service to the college.
|Name||Department||Years with ACC|
|John Blum||Learning Labs/Astronomy||22|
|Bradley Boelter||Building Construction Technology||19|
|Annie Borden||Visual Communication||27|
|Anne Cox||Computer Information Technology||14.5|
|Alicia Garza||Student Services||37|
|Milton Gatewood||Computer Information Technology||17.5|
|Gary Hampton||Applied Technology, Multimedia, Public Services||34.5|
|Marshall Levett||Student Services||32|
|Sylvia Owens||Library Services||9|