Austin Community College’s (ACC) Office of Student Life launches a series of workshops to help students develop short-term and long-term career goals. Success Series teaches students leadership skills by introducing theories, concepts and practices that can be used in and out of the classroom.
“The workshops help students develop personal and professional skills outside of the classroom,” says Alisha Cahue, Student Life coordinator. “Regardless of their area of study, these sessions are designed to help them learn more about themselves and the outside world, while also meeting other students to create a path for future success at ACC and beyond.”
The workshops are free, hands-on, and open to any ACC student.
Available workshops include:
- Leadership in action: discover your personality style, how it relates to you as a leader, and how to effectively interact with other people.
- Let’s talk it out: learn how to solve conflict through communication.
- Power in diversity: learn more about yourself and the vibrant ACC community through interactive activities and discussions regarding identity and diversity.
- Rise above: find out how to maintain a healthy relationship and what steps to take if a relationship is headed into dangerous territory.
- Being resilient in a changing world: this workshop will equip you with tools to move past challenging barriers you may face as a student in order to succeed at ACC and beyond.