The following is provided the the Human Resources Office
Tax forms arrive in January: Update contact information now
Employees are encouraged to verify their contact information with ACC and the Employees Retirement System of Texas to receive important 2016 tax forms. In January ACC will send W-2 forms and the IRS 1095-C form regarding healthcare coverage. ERS, through UnitedHealthcare, will send the IRS 1095-B form that confirms health insurance enrollment for employees and their dependents.
- For ACC employee records, log in to Online Services and click Change Employee Information.
- For ERS, go to the ERS website, click Access My Account at the top of the page and log in or register (if a new user). Find the appropriate link under My Personal Information.
Keep the holidays joyful with EAP resources
The holiday season is a time for celebrations, gift-giving, and reconnecting with family and friends. The season also can bring added stress from unrealistically high expectations, life changes, family concerns, and end-of-the-year frustrations. ACC’s Employee Assistance Program is available to help employees with personal and professional concerns. Among the many resources:
- Be Safe This Holiday Season: If you drink, don’t drive. Take a cab and send the bill to Deer Oaks, ACC’s EAP administrator.
- Holidaze: How to Enjoy the Holidays and Minimize Stress: This on-demand webinar explores ways to minimize tension and increase fun during the holidays. Log in at com (username and password: austinccd).
- Help! My Piggy Bank is Almost Empty: Tips on budgeting for the holidays.
- Keeping the Spirit ─ Taking Off Your Superhero Cape: Learn to take care of yourself during this hectic time of year.
- Time Management: Rockin’ Around the Clock: Ideas to give yourself the gift of time and reduce stress.
- It Took a lot of Will Power, but I Finally Gave Up Dieting: Healthy holiday eating.
- If Only Exercise Was as Satisfying as Chocolate: All exercise counts toward better health. Learn easy ways to incorporate movement into holiday activities.
The Human Resources Office wants employees to enjoy a wonderful holiday season. For assistance, Deer Oaks EAP can be reached 24 hours a day at 888-993-7650 or deeroakseap.com (username and password: austinccd).
Webinar: Enjoy the holidays without gaining weight
Employees are invited to participate in a webinar about avoiding holiday weight gain 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Tuesday, December 13. The webinar is presented by Kathleen Zelman, MPH-RD, as part of UnitedHealthcare’s wellness webinar series.
Weight gain is easy, especially during the holidays when parties and seasonal foods are part of the festivities. Forget starting a diet during this celebratory, but often stressful, time of year. Instead, learn to use “social weight maintenance,” a strategy to keep weight stable. Social strategies can help individuals enjoy the holidays without gaining the weight they must resolve to lose on January 1.
Savings plan contribution limits are unchanged in 2017
For the third consecutive year, the IRS contribution limits for ACC’s voluntary tax deferred savings plans will not change. In 2017, ACC employees may contribute a maximum of $18,000 to either the 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) plan and/or the 457 Deferred Compensation Plan (DCP) plan. Employees age 50 and older may contribute an additional $6,000 to each plan.
Both plans allow ACC employees to save for retirement with tax deferred dollars. For more information about the plans, visit the HR Benefits website.
Featured discounts for December
Don’t forget to check out ACC’s Advantage Discount Program for holiday shopping. A few deals:
- Members-only pricing on Samsung products, — including TVs, tablets and PCs.
- Save 15 percent on orders from Murad health and beauty products.
- Save 20 percent on Godiva gourmet chocolates.
Deer Oaks EAP newsletters
Find these articles and more in this month’s Deer Oaks Employee Newsletter:
- Be Good to Yourself: Tips for Adults
- Online Seminar Reminder: Lighten Up With Laughter
- Drive-Thru Eating Driving You Crazy?
- Yes, Stress
- If Weight Control is on Your Menu
- Shower Away the Mold
- Clinician’s Corner
- Five Frugal Ways to Save at the Gas Pump
This month’s Supervisor Newsletter includes:
- How to Show Your Gratitude
- How Do You Defeat the New Job Jitters?
- Ask Your EAP
ACC celebrates recent retirees
ACC celebrates the following retirees. Retirees are recognized at Board of Trustees meetings for their years of service to the college.
|Ben Ferrell||14.5||Campus Planning & Operations|
|Kenneth Fuglsang||21.25||Building & Grounds Maintentance|
|Maisule Kurugu||25||District Police|
|George Lane||17.25||Student Accounting|
|Egbert Laurent||17.25||Building Construction Technology|
|John Nicholas||15.5||Building & Grounds Maintenance|
|George Staff||24||Environmental Science & Technology|
Back to Top