The following is provided by the Human Resources Office.
Benefits enrollment is July 9 – July 22
It’s time to begin planning for annual benefits enrollment.
Around July 1, employees will receive a Personal Benefits Enrollment Statement (PBES) by mail from the Employees Retirement System of Texas. This statement includes information about current benefits, benefits options, and any premium or benefit changes.
Review your PBES carefully. If you do not wish to make changes, no action is needed and your current benefits elections will roll over to the plan year beginning September 1.
Note: The PBES statement does not reflect the total premium cost for dental, optional life, and AD&D coverage for full-time employees. ACC pays some or all of these costs. A statement showing total benefits costs can be viewed in Online Services.
Take note of these changes:
- BlueCross BlueShield of Texas replaces UnitedHealthcare as medical plan administrator on September 1.
- New ID cards will be sent to HealthSelect and Consumer Directed HealthSelect participants by August 31.
- New prescription drug plan ID cards will be mailed by OptumRx to HealthSelect participants by August 31. The cards have a new phone number.
- Premiums will increase slightly for these plans: HealthSelect, Consumer Directed HealthSelect, and State of Texas Dental Choice.
- The TIPP Short-Term Disability plan premium will decrease slightly.
- WageWorks replaces ADP as the administrator for TexFlex Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Spending Accounts.
- Premiums and plan benefits for all other insurance plans will not change.
Attend Summer Enrollment Fair July 13
The annual ERS Summer Enrollment Fair is Thursday, July 13, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Highland Business Center. ERS will give a presentation at 10:30 a.m. in Room 201. ERS representatives and plan vendors will be available to answer questions. Information also is available on the ERS website.
“I didn’t know that”
Each week, the HR Benefits Office helps dozens of employees with their benefits questions and needs. Hardly a day goes by without someone uttering the words above. One of this month’s most popular questions:
Question: I need to start saving more toward retirement. Can I put more money into my TRS account?
Answer: No, but you can contribute to a voluntary pre-tax savings plan through a Tax-Sheltered Account — 403(b)-TSA — or a Deferred Compensation Plan — 457-DCP. These are good options that have been offered almost as long as ACC has existed. Find information about 403(b) and 457 plans on the Voluntary Savings Programs webpage.
Employee tuition reimbursement requests for summer semester classes will be accepted from 9 a.m. Monday, June 12, through 5 p.m. Friday, June 16.
Reimbursements are determined by a lottery that will be livestreamed and recorded June 21. Funding calculations will be done at that time.
PEP evaluation system live through August 4
The online Performance Excellence Program (PEP) system is open and accepting annual performance evaluations for non-faculty employees. Supervisors must complete all evaluations by Friday, August 4. All department chairs or academic deans who are direct supervisors of classified or professional-technical employees must complete an evaluation for those employees.
A few reminders:
- Employees’ verification of having completed online ADA Awareness and Sexual Harassment Prevention training must be up-to-date before their supervisor can submit an evaluation.
- Supervisors must complete evaluations for all direct reports (including the employees’ certification of the evaluation) before they can be evaluated by their supervisor.
Please visit the online PEP System to complete all employee and self evaluations.
For questions or difficulties, contact Cameron Keel, staff evaluation coordinator, at email@example.com or 512-223-7984.
Apply to Supervisor Certificate Program by July 10
Applications for the Supervisor Certificate Program are accepted through 5 p.m. Monday, July 10. The program is for non-faculty employees with limited supervisor experience and those who have identified a supervisory position in their career path. Upon completion employees receive credit for one year supervisory experience toward ACC-posted supervisory positions.
Deer Oaks EAP newsletters
Find these articles and more in Deer Oaks’ June employee newsletter:
- Online Seminar reminder:“Emotional Support: Staying Balanced in a Changing World”
- Why Time Management?
- Let It Go
- Commandments for Living Long and Living Well
- Answering Your Top Five Personal Finance Questions
The supervisor newsletter includes:
- Online seminar reminder: “Emotional Support: Staying Balanced in a Changing World”
- Supervisor Excellence Webinar Series & Leadership Certificate Program Session Recordings
- 3 Key Components of Effective Time Management
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
June employee discounts
Featured Advantage Discount Program deals for June:
- Browse resort accommodations with TripBeat or book a cruise with LMT Cruises.
- Use Premium Seats for deals on sports, concert, and theater tickets; check VIP packages for additional perks.
- Protect your home with ADT
- Save on restaurant gift cards with Restaurant.com
ACC celebrates recent retirees
ACC celebrates the following retirees. Retirees are recognized at Board of Trustees meetings for their years of service to the college.
|Name||Department||Years with ACC|
|Herbert Coleman||Information Technology||27|
|Debra Anne Overton||Information Technology||43.25|