Political Strategy for Nonprofits and Philanthropy
with guest Jason Sabo, Founder, Frontera Strategy
Nonprofits must realize and act on the idea that when it comes to public policy and government budgeting, that if they are not AT the table, they are ON the table.
Exploring the myths about nonprofit engagement in the public sphere, our guest, Jason Sabo, Founder of Frontera Strategy, and passionate advocate for the sector, shares critical insights on political strategy for nonprofits and philanthropy. He and his firm, are “committed to revolutionizing the way that nonprofits and foundations think about and engage on public policy”
Jason Sabo Bio:
Jason Sabo is the founder of Frontera Strategy. Jason has developed a straightforward system for helping nonprofits and philanthropists reach their public policy goals. He has led and assisted efforts to pass legislation and secure appropriations at state capitols across the country for more than a decade. Jason knows the issues and politics important to nonprofits and philanthropy, and he knows how to win. He holds a master’s degree in History from Indiana University.
Frontera Strategy helps nonprofit organizations, coalitions, and foundations engage policy makers, the media, and the public.
Helpful Links and Resources:
Frontera Strategy was founded and continues to support only nonprofits and foundations. We believe that every issue deserves a voice and an opportunity to be heard in the political process. We partner with innovative thinkers interested in expanding access to democracy. A successful advocacy campaign requires more than money, it requires strategy, planning, and the right people.What We Do Best: Frontera Strategy is committed to revolutionizing the way that nonprofits and foundations think about and engage in public policy. From local advocacy campaigns to state capitols to Washington, D.C., Frontera Strategy does not shy away from the complicated or the controversial.
- Specific services offered by Frontera Strategy include, but are not limited to:
- Policy analysis and political strategy
- Legislative advocacy and lobbying
- Strategic grantmaking for effective advocacy campaigns
- Media outreach
- Community organizing and mobilization
- Coalition-building and coalition support
- Bill drafting
- Qualitative and quantitative research, including survey research and focus groups
- Needs assessments and environmental scans
- Program evaluation design and implementation
- Annette Strauss Institute for Civic Life
- 2018 Texas Civil Health Index