Crucial Conversations for Nonprofits
Whenever you’re not getting the results you’re looking for, it’s likely a crucial conversation is keeping you stuck. Whether it’s a problem with poor quality, declining organizational support, or a strained relationship—whatever the issue—if you can’t talk honestly with nearly anybody about almost anything, you can expect poor results.
What is Crucial Conversations?
Crucial Conversations is a two-day course that teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics—at all levels of your nonprofit organization. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), you’ll begin to surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on your decisions with unity and commitment.
What is a Crucial Conversation?
A crucial conversation is a discussion between two or more people where the stakes are high, opinions vary, and emotions run strong. These conversations—when handled poorly or ignored—lead to strained relationships and dismal results.
Crucial Conversations Teaches Participants How To:
- Speak persuasively, not abrasively
- Foster teamwork and better decision making
- Build acceptance rather than resistance
- Resolve individual and group disagreements
Who Should Attend A Crucial Conversations Workshop?
Does your nonprofit organization suffer from taboo topics, deference, disagreement, analysis paralysis, information hoarding, office politics, or alienation? Is your organization battling declining productivity, safety violations, low morale, reduced quality, poor customer satisfaction, or other bottom-line concerns? Then you, your team, or your organization needs a Crucial Conversations workshop.
Organizational Benefits of Crucial Conversations
Fortune 500 organizations around the world have turned to the award-winning Crucial Conversations Training to improve bottom-line results like quality, efficiency, satisfaction, safety, etc. Results include: Improved Productivity & Quality, Improved Teamwork, Improved Relationships, Improved Performance, Improved Efficiency
Participants Will Receive:
- Crucial Conversations Participant Toolkit
- Cue cards for each lesson in a desktop display case
- Crucial Conversations model cards
- A copy of the New York Times bestselling book, Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High (2nd Edition)
- Crucial Conversations Audio Companion
- A Course Completion Certificate
- Access to the post-workshop participant website with videos, exercises, assessments, additional reading and more resources to help continue learning.
- Follow up and Follow Through handout to provide support and practice opportunities for participants after the workshop
- VitalSmarts has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Participants will receive 1.5 IACET CEUs upon workshop completion.
By special permission from VitalSmarts, we are able to offer the Crucial Conversations workshop at a discounted rate for nonprofit organizations. All participants must be affiliated with a nonprofit organization, in the role of employee, volunteer, or board member.
July 25 – 26, 2019
9a – 5p
(registration limited to 4 people per organization)