LifeWorks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to being fearless advocates for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. Every member of our staff serves a meaningful purpose linked to our client's experience. Careers at LifeWorks offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
LifeWorks is looking for an Accountant Specialist to manage and coordinate the accounts payable and receivable functions for the Agency. Key responsibilities will entail ensuring the accurate and timely processing of invoices and payments, including appropriate allocations to budget lines. In addition, the position is responsible for preparing reports and financial statements for funding sources, assisting in the management of the accounting information system, and assisting with the annual audit of the agency.
This position requires a tenacious individual that can work effectively though complex problems and develop solutions to ensure strict deadlines are met. Knowledge and experience with contract billing, medical billing and coding, as well as third-party operating practices and procedures would be beneficial. Clear, effective, professional communication with internal and external contacts is essential.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who takes initiative to learn new skills and technologies, eagerly seeks solutions to problems, and is energized by managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Primary person responsible for processing accounts payable to include: ensuring that invoices are properly approved, documented, and coded correctly, entering invoices into accounting system, printing checks, ensure checks are distributed correctly.
- Maintains up-to-date analyses of selected general ledger accounts and produce required journal entries for approval.
- Assists in the processing of cash receipts by properly transmitting deposit information to the bank and recording the transaction in the accounting system.
- Assists in the maintenance of the Agency's financial records and accounting systems including journal posting and preparation of financial reports and prepares journal entries as needed.
- Develops financial reports for information on-demand using MIP or Microsoft Office products.
- Assists with annual audits and other internal funder audits.
- Develops methods to ensure accurate financial records.
- Provides training and assistance to staff in the use of the online payroll process system.
- Maintains A/P, Payroll, and A/R files in an orderly and well-organized manner ensuring that they are all accounted for.
- Prepares source documentation for entry into the agency's general ledger.
- Files all program fiscal reports to the funding source by the specified due date in the contract.
- Maintains vendor files including W-9s and payment files.
- Annually prepares, processes and distributes all 1099 Forms while ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all Forms.
- Becomes well versed in the contract requirements to ensure accuracy of AP, payroll, and AP.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client and staff information, and fiscal decisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field;
- Requires minimum 1+ years of accounting experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems, Abila MIP preferred.
- Proficient level experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.